• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interface Nonsense!
I have explored Jamulus a few times while it's been evolving, but continue with JamKazam because I can have private session rooms with my music partners. Jamulus, last time I checked (May 2020); you either pick an available server without any control of who shares and hosts it, or set up your own server. I liked the create your own server idea. Setting up your own server has become easier but still, there's the delay. And, they have a Mute option to not hear your own output signal - you won't hear an echo of your own signal coming back to you in the mix. It's an interesting approach. Then there's the cloud server option for faster performance. I'm tracking their forum conversations from time to time, but still sticking with JamKazam. The latency issue is a difficult nut to crack and I also am hoping Starlink is a gamer change for the better, at least for musicians.

What would be ideal but won't happen is, if musicians had their own infrastructure on the entire planet, without sharing it with other services. For what Blandis shared, I always appreciate how interesting all of this is, that our human musical energy is converted and traveling through wires and ending up in different locations on the planet.

Messages In This Thread
Interface Nonsense! - by BrionBell - 05-28-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Interface Nonsense! - by BrionBell - 06-09-2020, 01:19 AM
RE: Interface Nonsense! - by Dimitri Muskens - 06-09-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: Interface Nonsense! - by blandis - 06-09-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: Interface Nonsense! - by GDJ - 06-27-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: Interface Nonsense! - by GDJ - 06-27-2020, 10:23 PM