• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac loses tone signal in the middle of the session
Dear All,

We are four musicians. For three of us, jamkazam runs on windows. Our drummer uses a MacBookPro16.1 with Mac OS X 10.15.4 and audio device UMC204HD. 

In the middle of the session, the audio connection to the others is broken on the Mac, our drummer no longer hears the other three. 
When he presses jamkazams "Settings" button on the Mac, the connection comes back. The other session members do not experience a loss of audio connection.

In the Mac-Logfile we see (please find logfile attached): 

"Audio IO callback interval is unstable. Expected 1.00. Actual median: 0.00 var: -36315952700202157443055670525952.00 - off by -100.00" 
JSB vol call back not defined 
......   x 143 repetitions

startMixerCleanupTimer 
Closed PortAudio stream 0x7f8ce844aba0 
PAudioOutput: Shutdown. 

Special phenomenon: 
if the bass guitar plays everything an octave higher, the connection remains constant. 
Or if only three musicians are logged in, the connection remains constant. 

Does anyone have a solution?

best regards,
Gerd

Attached Files
.zip   mac-logfile.zip (Size: 105.65 KB / Downloads: 1)
(05-15-2020, 07:52 AM)gfr01 Wrote: Dear All,

We are four musicians. For three of us, jamkazam runs on windows. Our drummer uses a MacBookPro16.1 with Mac OS X 10.15.4 and audio device UMC204HD. 

In the middle of the session, the audio connection to the others is broken on the Mac, our drummer no longer hears the other three. 
When he presses jamkazams "Settings" button on the Mac, the connection comes back. The other session members do not experience a loss of audio connection.

In the Mac-Logfile we see (please find logfile attached): 

"Audio IO callback interval is unstable. Expected 1.00. Actual median: 0.00 var: -36315952700202157443055670525952.00 - off by -100.00" 
......   x 143 repetitions

startMixerCleanupTimer 
Closed PortAudio stream 0x7f8ce844aba0 
PAudioOutput: Shutdown. 

Special phenomenon: 
if the bass guitar plays everything an octave higher, the connection remains constant. 
Or if only three musicians are logged in, the connection remains constant. 

Does anyone have a solution?

best regards,
Gerd
I believe I have seen this a bit...

Question: Does he lose sound in Just one ear (the left) or sometimes just the right or sometimes BOTH ???  and if you hit RESYNC in the session , does it come back?

Thanks,

~JB
This is happening to me sometimes. I can play for hours with no problem. In my case, sometimes I hear audio in one channel. Resync always gets me back in. I'm not convinced this is something going on with my gear since I'm using a dedicated boot disk with JK and my Audio interface software. A very vanilla setup. I think this is a JK app issue and yes, possibly for Mac users. The only place I will start looking is in the JK audio BOOSTER. I often tinker around in this section?

Do you guys also make changes in Audio Booster?
Our drummer loses Audio on both ears, when this happens.
We know gave him a Windows PC and the issue is gone.
Obviously, it affects only the Mac implementation of Jamkazam.
Will this be fixed? I am sure our drummer would love to use his Mac again. ;-)

best regards,
Gerd
I'm not sure this is a Mac client issue entirely. My setup is a Macbook Air 13" 2017, MacOS 10.15.4, with a MOTU Audio Express interface. I have not had the problem described.

Now, if the drummer is using a Windwoes machine for JK sessions, that should be fine 'cause he still has his Mac to use for other things, right? I did that in the past, and it worked out OK....
Definitely being fixed ... it is a high priority with the DEV team......
The Mac version I feel is close to fixing the wide spread issues.....

Cheers

Stay tuned
~JB
There is already other posts for this, but did you guys see this latest from the Devs. This was posted  for the 5/27 update..

May 27th, 2020

Windows and Mac Client Updated:
  1. The May 22nd client introduced a bug that increased changes you would get NO AUDIO.    We have fixed the issue in this release.  We've also added more instrumentation in the client application so that JamKazam team gets more immediate information every time this happens, so 1) we can still work on more NO AUDIO scenarios, but also, to notice unusual upticks in this problem, so that we have faster feedback if we released a problematic version of the client app.

2. Some % of users have a condition in which their audio stream gets corrupted, causing the user to have to click RESYNC after the corruption happens.     We now detect the corruption up-front, and auto-recover.  
that all sounds great! I receivd an update to the client (and one for my my OS) yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to try it this evening....