• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowball ICE Microphone
Greetings everyone.
Has anyone had any success in getting a Snowball ICE USB microphone working as the primary input? I've tried but haven't had any success. I'm assuming the problem is that it's a USB device that JK doesn't recognize.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
..g..
For those of you that are in the same boat, I managed to get it working. The key was to load an ASIO driver (I used asio4all). After a bit of audio gear setup and loopbak and latency testing, it seems to work fine. If you like to know more, post a reply and I'll let you know the step by step information. Cheers! ..garry..
(05-06-2020, 06:55 PM)Garry Unger Wrote: For those of you that are in the same boat, I managed to get it working. The key was to load an ASIO driver (I used asio4all). After a bit of audio gear setup and loopbak and latency testing, it seems to work fine. If you like to know more, post a reply and I'll let you know the step by step information. Cheers! ..garry..

Garry, I bought a Blue Snowball USB mic and so far have had no luck in getting it to work with ASIO4ALL. Tried different combinations of frame size, ASIO parms, etc. but only have experienced varying degrees of bad. Any help you can offer will be appreciated. Thanks. M.
i plugged blue and in had no problem selecting as audio source( shows as micin) , with WDM the latency is not good  12 is best no matter frame size  .
ASio for all was no help got nothing but annoying clicking in my head set. 

With Focusrite solo  and a half decent mike I have zero latency at 2.5 MS frame size.
If you do not want to invest , if I use built in mic on laptop I can get 6 MS laterncy @ 2.5 MS frame size. Real ASio
somehow bypasses the sound card . 

ASIO for all at least for me did not work with snowball
(05-06-2020, 06:55 PM)Garry Unger Wrote: For those of you that are in the same boat, I managed to get it working. The key was to load an ASIO driver (I used asio4all). After a bit of audio gear setup and loopbak and latency testing, it seems to work fine. If you like to know more, post a reply and I'll let you know the step by step information. Cheers! ..garry..
Hi Garry, could you please share the details of how you got it to work?
Thanks!
I have a Blue Snowball and I'm trying to get it to work.  JK doesn't seem to recognize it.  I checked and the SB works with Audacity.  Can you tell me how you got it to work.