• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird no audio situation
Question 
4 members in a session. Elec Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums

Electric Guitar and Bass Guitar can send/receive Audio to/from everyone.
Acoustic Guitar can send/receive audio to/from Elec Guitar and Bass but not drums.
Drums can send/rcv audio to/from Elec Guitar and Bass but not Acoustic Guitar.

Makes no sense.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Huh
Shots from the hip:

search here for - no audio - grayed out - router - send/receive Audio

Good luck
I am experiencing a similar issue. In a session with 4 players, all peer-to-peer audio connections are excellent in both directions, with the exception of one: I cannot receive audio from one of the players, although he can receive mine clearly. The other 2 players can hear him, but he remains greyed out as "no audio" for me only. 

Is this incoming-only P2P failure a symptom of a problem with my settings? It seems unlikely that my router, firewall or ISP settings are the problem, because I have participated in several other sessions, with clear audio in both directions with a variety of players and locations.  I am using a Mac, gigabit fiber to ISP, and low-latency audio interface, so audio has generally been excellent, and connections have been stable. I did not find a likely culprit or solution in my searches on this forum, and probably I misunderstand how a specific issue like this can be caused. Thanks in advance for your suggestions...
I have the same effect. 3 jammers, all good except Jammer #3 can't hear Jammer #2. Host can hear all, #2 can hear all, but #3 can't hear #2. After complete reboot and restart, situation unchanged. A month ago, this never occurred. All users have Focusrite interfaces (2 have Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen, one has Scarlett 4i4 1st gen).
Again - one more time for Prinz Knut:

Search here in this very forum for - no audio - grayed out - router - send/receive Audio

And/or look here:

General loose tips - if technical problems in sessions; "NO AUDIO" und so weiter:

Author unknown - maybe or probably Eric McQuaid:
"the person seeing no audio usually has a router not letting audio in"

Try RESYNC-button
Try leave session - and come back
Maybe restart JamKazam
- and computer
- and router

From:> Frequent topics, in short > https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=284

There is also about router settings - IMPORTANT!!!
These proposed tweaks have been tried many times and don't work...everyone in the session gets some audio from at least one other person in the session, but at least one person gets no audio from at least one other person. And this phenomenon is only a recent development since the updated JK version(s).
Thank you, but we tried Resync, restarts, router reboots.  

Please help me understand why incoming audio can be received OK from 3 out of 4 players. Doesn't this suggest that basic router and interface settings are OK for incoming audio? What is different about the 4th one?

Does JK perhaps prevent incoming audio from a peer that does not meet a minimum threshold for latency or some other diagnostic, even though the P2P connection is established?
It is remarkable easy to accidentally mute someone in your session, and that mute will stick on the person even in a new session. Just make sure nobody has accidentally muted anyone else.
(04-27-2020, 06:04 PM)marhdeth Wrote: It is remarkable easy to accidentally mute someone in your session, and that mute will stick on the person even in a new session. Just make sure nobody has accidentally muted anyone else.
You are right about the ease of accidental muting, but in this case, the missing player shows as "no audio" in my view of the session. In the reverse direction, my audio reaches him without issue.
"These proposed tweaks have been tried many times"

Yes, and it WORKS - sometimes.

I can NOT explain it all - it seems to very complicated.

But a key seems to be: "the person seeing no audio usually has a router not letting audio in"