• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App doesn't open win 10
The app isn't coming up after I double click on it. I can see it appearing on Windows task manager momentarily, but it goes away after a few seconds.
I've installed the client a few days ago, and never saw it running. I've reinstalled it, reset all my internet settings, disabled the firewall, updated Java, rebooted many times. Nothing seems to fix the problem.
Anybody have the same issues? Any ideas that I haven't tried?
(04-26-2020, 01:52 AM)ltroiani@gmail.com Wrote: The app isn't coming up after I double click on it. I can see it appearing on Windows task manager momentarily, but it goes away after a few seconds.
I've installed the client a few days ago, and never saw it running. I've reinstalled it, reset all my internet settings, disabled the firewall, updated Java, rebooted many times. Nothing seems to fix the problem.

Update Windows through windows update. Check out the motherboard drivers for your PC are updated to the latest versions using the manufacturers website. Uninstall it and do a program like CC cleaner and make sure any application paths are checked clear out the program. Windows sometimes doesn't do the greatest job of uninstalling programs, then try reinstalling the program. 
There's a new version of the Windows JamKazam client today - maybe that will help.
Kevin
(04-26-2020, 09:13 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: There's a new version of the Windows JamKazam client today - maybe that will help.
Thank you for your help, I've tried the new version but still not working for me. Here is what I've done so far

checked windows integrity using the command prompt. At the end of the verification, no updates were necessary.
Checked for windows 10 updates, I had the update 2020-04 pending. I've installed the updates
Checked for Driver updates. I've updated my Geforce driver. The motherboard driver was up to date.
Unistalled the old version of JK using CCLEANER
Clean Registry using CCLEANER
Custom clean windows and applications using CCLEANER
Restarted my computer
Installed the new version "JamKazam-1.0.3698".

(04-26-2020, 05:24 AM)HellKiller Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 01:52 AM)ltroiani@gmail.com Wrote: The app isn't coming up after I double click on it. I can see it appearing on Windows task manager momentarily, but it goes away after a few seconds.

Update Windows through windows update. Check out the motherboard drivers for your PC are updated to the latest versions using the manufacturers website. Uninstall it and do a program like CC cleaner and make sure any application paths are checked clear out the program. Windows sometimes doesn't do the greatest job of uninstalling programs, then try reinstalling the program. 
Thanks for your help, I've tried the things you said but still no luck.
Are you the admin for your windows? I know that if you are not the admin on windows it will stop programs from running. Maybe right-click on Jam Kazam.exe in the Windows Drive/ Program Files (x86)/ Jam Kazam/ JamKazam.exe/ Right-click/ properties/ compatibility/ run this program as administrator.
I am the admin for my machine. I'm tried to execute the app as admin and same issue.
(04-30-2020, 01:21 PM)ltroiani@gmail.com Wrote: I am the admin for my machine. I'm tried to execute the app as admin and same issue.
Have you used Jam kazam before, or is this a new install. If you are lucky and it worked previously do you have System Restore setup? This would allow you to attempt a rollback to before you had the issue?
(05-02-2020, 12:54 AM)HellKiller Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 01:21 PM)ltroiani@gmail.com Wrote: I am the admin for my machine. I'm tried to execute the app as admin and same issue.
Have you used Jam kazam before, or is this a new install. If you are lucky and it worked previously do you have System Restore setup? This would allow you to attempt a rollback to before you had the issue?
Unfortunately not, I am a new user. I recently re-imaged my computer and it was terrible after the re-image. I've then reinstalled all the drivers from the manufacturer and it has been working good so far. The first "problem" I have is not being able to use JamKazan. I have some band mates that wanted to play during this quarantine. It a bummer not being able to do so. 
I appreciate your help. Not sure what else I should try. I don't want to go the path of re-installing windows again.
if you have an anti-virus program, you may need to create an exception in it for JamKazam
(04-26-2020, 09:13 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: There's a new version of the Windows JamKazam client today - maybe that will help.
I've had consistent problems with the Windows JamKazam app.

1) When I install the app, I get an error message saying "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Please contact your support personnel or package vendor." This happened on several previous versions, and happened today with version 1.0.3709.

2) Supposedly this version is a 64 bit version. It installs in the 32 bit subdirectory Program Files (x86). The install page says specifically that this version is 64 bit only, and should install in the "Program Files" subdirectory.

Any help with this would be great.