• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is better. USB interface or mixer?
I'm a newbie to JamKazam and stuck in the analog world. I'm a drummer looking to jam with my band mates that moved away. I would like to know which is better a USB interface or a USB mixer. I currently using a Yamaha MG166CX analog mixer. Would it be better to connect that to a USB interface of get a USB mixer. I'm looking at Focusrite, M-Audio or Prosonus interfaces or a Mackie ProFX10V3. Any input or suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,
(04-26-2020, 12:21 AM)Bigfoot Wrote: I'm a newbie to JamKazam and stuck in the analog world. I'm a drummer looking to jam with my band mates that moved away. I would like to know which is better a USB interface or a USB mixer. I currently using a Yamaha MG166CX analog mixer. Would it be better to connect that to a USB interface of get a USB mixer. I'm looking at Focusrite, M-Audio or Prosonus interfaces or a Mackie ProFX10V3. Any input or suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,
>>>
IMHO, if you already have the toy you're pleased with and used to (mixer), just get an audio interface/external sound card (same thing) and route your mixer through that, via USB/thunderbolt to your computer with jkz.
(04-26-2020, 10:16 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 12:21 AM)Bigfoot Wrote: I'm a newbie to JamKazam and stuck in the analog world. I'm a drummer looking to jam with my band mates that moved away. I would like to know which is better a USB interface or a USB mixer. I currently using a Yamaha MG166CX analog mixer. Would it be better to connect that to a USB interface of get a USB mixer. I'm looking at Focusrite, M-Audio or Prosonus interfaces or a Mackie ProFX10V3. Any input or suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,
>>>
IMHO, if you already have the toy you're pleased with and used to (mixer), just get an audio interface/external sound card (same thing) and route your mixer through that, via USB/thunderbolt to your computer with jkz.
Sounds like great advice, Thank you Dimitri.