• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
built-in microphone not working for chat
Hi everybody,

this is my first thread in this forum.

I'm discovering JK and for now I'm struggling with the fact that I'm having big problems using the buit-in microphone of my MacBook Pro as my chat microphone.

I have my guitar hooked to my RME Fireface with Amplitube as VST and that's working fairly well. But then I would like to use the built-in microphone as my chat mic, but when I try to select "internal microphone" I only have a bad digital noise coming out.

Actually I tried to select all the options JK's giving me: I can select 4 "default inputs" (?) and 4 (?) "buit-in microphones" and all these inputs give me the same digital noise...

I'm a bit confused, does anybody had the same issue?
(I have a MacBook Pro running on Sierra)

Thanks y'all and keep on rockin'!

E
using the built in mic for chat does not work well on a mac when you are allocating your resources to your RME. You need to get a cheap mic and go into you RME and forget about using the built in mic.
Thanks Mabalot for your answer

Do you mean that using an external audio interface requires too much cpu resources for the mac to use also the built in mic? Is that something specific to RME interfaces?
I have friends using Macs with external audio interface AND bullt in mic together...

Cheers
Emanuel
Just solved one of our band members problems - his webcam mic could not be heard by others. Found that he had a McAffee firewall as part of his Internet security and that was blocking some 'messaging' packets from JK.

Attempt to have a band session and then check the firewall log to see what packets have been blocked and consider 'allowing' them - can't be done on a solo session has to be communication to the network outside your gear.
Ok, I managed to have the built-in mic working as chat microphone by using the aggregate audio interface.
I could have figured it out earlier: JK recognize only one audio interface at a time, either my Fireface or my built-in I/O. I can use both together only by aggregating them...

Then I have to figure out how to use Amplitube as my vst. Actually it looks like JK is putting the vst only on your first input channel. In my case I first tried with the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O, but in this configuration my first input channel was my built-in mic. I had to create a new aggregate interface, selecting my Fireface first and then the built-in I/O, so my first input channel was Fireface Analog In 1, where I could plug my guitar.

For those who might find it useful.

Cheers and see U in a jam

E
(05-01-2020, 07:42 PM)emanuel Wrote: Ok, I managed to have the built-in mic working as chat microphone by using the aggregate audio interface.
I could have figured it out earlier: JK recognize only one audio interface at a time, either my Fireface or my built-in I/O. I can use both together only by aggregating them...

Then I have to figure out how to use Amplitube as my vst. Actually it looks like JK is putting the vst only on your first input channel. In my case I first tried with the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O, but in this configuration my first input channel was my built-in mic. I had to create a new aggregate interface, selecting my Fireface first and then the built-in I/O, so my first input channel was Fireface Analog In 1, where I could plug my guitar.

For those who might find it useful.

Cheers and see U in a jam

E
Thanks Emanuel, I have the exact same problem with my Mac book pro. But unfortunately, I am a newbie to all this and find I don't understand the answer above. Is there any chance you can "dumb it down" for a beginner? For instance, where would I find an aggregate audio interface? On my computer?  In the JK software? Thanks, C