• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we support this effort?
Hello Jamkazam!

This platform has become an absolute lifeline for those of us in the traditional Irish music community who are used to playing together in weekly pub sessions.

Those of us who are the early adopters during this crisis have been doing our best to help other musicians get on the platform and start playing together.

All of this has just come together in the past few days and we've been very successful in having long-distance sessions between California and Colorado, and California and Minnesota with very acceptable latency.  

Going forward, other than just promoting the use of the platform to our fellow musicians, is there some way we can contribute the effort, either monetarily or otherwise?

Here's an example of one of our tests on 3/28/2020 with three players between San Diego, CA. and St. Paul, MN (about 2000 miles distance):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3auAxnJirw

Cheers and many thanks,

Michael Eskin
San Diego, CA
(03-29-2020, 10:32 PM)Seisiuneer Wrote: Hello Jamkazam!

This platform has become an absolute lifeline for those of us in the traditional Irish music community who are used to playing together in weekly pub sessions.

Those of us who are the early adopters during this crisis have been doing our best to help other musicians get on the platform and start playing together.

All of this has just come together in the past few days and we've been very successful in having long-distance sessions between California and Colorado, and California and Minnesota with very acceptable latency.  

Going forward, other than just promoting the use of the platform to our fellow musicians, is there some way we can contribute the effort, either monetarily or otherwise?

Here's an example of one of our tests on 3/28/2020 with three players between San Diego, CA. and St. Paul, MN (about 2000 miles distance):

Cheers and many thanks,

Michael Eskin
San Diego, CA

Thanks for this, Michael! I'd also be willing to help support, as my band has found this to be a great tool to stay connected and playing. Let us know, JamKazam folks!
Kevin
(04-05-2020, 12:23 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:

Cheers and many thanks,

Michael Eskin
San Diego, CA

Thanks for this, Michael! I'd also be willing to help support, as my band has found this to be a great tool to stay connected and playing. Let us know, JamKazam folks!
I fullheartedly concur.  I've been a grateful and loyal user 5 or 6 years.
And now, for some of us in the "high risk" category, this is one of the few ways that we can share our passion with other musicians.  
I've been asking and looking for a way to support the JamKazam service.  The only way I see to compensate the JamKazam folks is to purchase JamTracks.  I'm not a big user of backing tracks, but I'll buy them if it helps.  There are hints of a pay-for Premium member$p with additional features, but nothing concrete.  Echoing: Let us know, JamKazam folks!
Star 
I would also be ready to support - to ensure longevity to this great service. Maybe a premium member would just have a star next to the name, that's it - until features for Premium users would get implemented...
I love this app. As I posted with in this forum, I pay for MS Office, Quicken, GoDaddy...and even evil Comcast for the bandwidth.

A fee that does not break my bank is worthy. I don't know what your business model plans are, but sharing all you do to improve the experience is a no brainer for a marketing team.

You have had to expand server space, tell us. A weekly newsletter, something.

Let me repeat my mantra, I love this app.

Cheers and many thanks,

Michael Eskin
San Diego, CA

I fully agree. Anyone who is part of a working band or other musical endeavor can appreciate the absolute necessity of something like Jamkazam, especially in these trying times. 

So how can we contribute monetarily to this great service?

Does anyone from JK read or reply to these posts?

We're all anxious and willing to lend our support!

Please let us know how! 
I don't know... Maybe start a GoFundMe JamKazam page?
When I count up how much I'm saving on gas by not driving to rehearsals, I would happily pay for this service!
Looks like we can all donate here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cy2fsq-keep-j...-improving