• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program not detecting audio hardware
I'm running a Saffire Pro 14 in Windows 7.  Trying to set up JamKazam and it's not even detecting the Saffire at all.  Every other program I use in this machine (Cubase, Wavelab, etc.) has no problem.  What's wrong with JamKazam?

Does anybody know?

Does anybody care?

So far, given this major problem and the multitude of dead links on the main website, this thing looks a little rag tag.  And I was SO hoping it was going to be a really good thing.

Now I wonder.

A concept whose time has not yet come.
I jam. Therefore, I am.  Cool
Hi, rubyfocus - we do care, and want to get you jamming as soon as possible, with the lowest latency possible!

I've compiled a list of audio interfaces that people have reported working with JamKazam. We're working to use our collective experience and capture data about which interfaces work well, which may not work as well (for a variety of reasons), which have been confirmed as not working, and which have been mentioned, but not yet confirmed working or not.

While there are other Focusrite interfaces that have been reported working, the Saffire Pro 14 is not among them. There has been mention of (what I think is) another product in that series, the Saffire Pro 40, but that has not yet been confirmed as working or not. From your post, I've added the Saffire Pro 14 to the list in the "Mentioned, but Not Yet Determined if working with JamKazam" category, and we'll see if we can work through this.

So right now, we don't know. However, if you can provide a little more information, we might be able to help.

1. What version of the JamKazam client are you using?
  2. What driver and which version of that driver are you using?
  3. I'm assuming that by "not detected", you mean that in the "Configure Audio Gear" step, there are no entries in the Input or Output sections. Is that correct? Any screen shots you can share may be helpful.
  4. Do you receive any error messages?

Thanks!
Kevin
(04-16-2020, 03:50 PM)Kevin,I\m not the OP, but I am using WebCam 250.  It works on everything EXCEPT jamkazam.  Jamkazam "sometimes" lets me on with audio or video, then it says I have no audio/video connected.  It just depends on the day, which way the wind is blowing and whether the stars are in alignment.  When it does work, my audio is garbled to others.  As I said, I have NO problem anywhere else, just on jamkazam.  billybreen3407@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, rubyfocus - we do care, and want to get you jamming as soon as possible, with the lowest latency possible!

I've compiled a list of audio interfaces that people have reported working with JamKazam. We're working to use our collective experience and capture data about which interfaces work well, which may not work as well (for a variety of reasons), which have been confirmed as not working, and which have been mentioned, but not yet confirmed working or not.

While there are other Focusrite interfaces that have been reported working, the Saffire Pro 14 is not among them. There has been mention of (what I think is) another product in that series, the Saffire Pro 40, but that has not yet been confirmed as working or not. From your post, I've added the Saffire Pro 14 to the list in the "Mentioned, but Not Yet Determined if working with JamKazam" category, and we'll see if we can work through this.

So right now, we don't know. However, if you can provide a little more information, we might be able to help.

3. I'm assuming that by "not detected", you mean that in the "Configure Audio Gear" step, there are no entries in the Input or Output sections. Is that correct? Any screen shots you can share may be helpful.

Thanks!
(04-16-2020, 03:50 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, rubyfocus - we do care, and want to get you jamming as soon as possible, with the lowest latency possible!

Thanks!

HI
I have the same issue as rubyfocus
I use a Focusrite saffire 6 USB which is my default sound playback device - my headphone are plugged on the output, I can listen to any sound (e.g. youtube) through it. But when i launch JK, i can't hear my recordings made in solo.
JK version Build 1.20 - 1.0.3714
Driver - Saffire USB 6, Focusrite 1.10.128.0
I could configure my audio. I chose output same as input; did a recording in solo session and system seem to have worked (level were moving)
No error message.
(05-09-2020, 11:49 PM)NicoV154 Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 03:50 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, rubyfocus - we do care, and want to get you jamming as soon as possible, with the lowest latency possible!

Thanks!

HI
I have the same issue as rubyfocus
I use a Focusrite saffire 6 USB which is my default sound playback device - my headphone are plugged on the output, I can listen to any sound (e.g. youtube) through it. But when i launch JK, i can't hear my recordings made in solo.
JK version Build 1.20 - 1.0.3714
Driver - Saffire USB 6, Focusrite 1.10.128.0
I could configure my audio. I chose output same as input; did a recording in solo session and system seem to have worked (level were moving)
No error message.

>>>
Fair, but could you hear yourself through your headphone while playing in JKZ with local monitoring turned OFF?
JKZ really isn't about recording - that would be just a 'handy(?)' feature.

I don't see why people use this as a 'test' or benchmark for the service to function.
Bug 
yea the most recent update did something to where it will not let me even run jamkazam unless my Edirol in unplugged.. but it still reads my M Track 2x2 and Zoom R24.. no matter what, if i plug in the Edirol --- crash[Image: bug.png]