• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presonus AR12 USB - Any Ideas?
I'm trying to use a Presonus AR12 USB Mixer work with JamKazam. I've got everything down to 44.1 Khz - but JamKazam keeps reporting issues and telling me this isn't set up correctly. I've been doing audio interface work for quite some time and have used this same system for many multitrack recording sessions. Hopefully I'm missing something simple!

Any help appreciated,
J.Mirow
Hi, i have an AR 8 and it works with the StudioLive AR ASIO - ASIO in the audio settings.
Stefan
Thanks, SteveHd and Jock, for the question/data! I've updated the list of audio interfaces with this information.
Kevin
(04-16-2020, 04:05 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Thanks, SteveHd and Jock, for the question/data! I've updated the list of audio interfaces with this information.

Well, it's a bit more than that. I finally got the Presonus AR12 to work, but it took a bit of doing.
Here are the steps:

1) Load "Universal Control" from Presonus. It's free. Set it so it loads on start up (second menu in on the top).
2) Make SURE you've got your PC set to "Ultimate Performance" in Hardware & Sound > Power Options. NOTE: To get this to run on some Windows 10 Machines you have to run some obtuse script in terminal mode to get Windows to reveal this option. You're also going to want to choose the AR12 as your main Windows sound output.
3) Choose "SL-AR12 Mic/Line 1/2 (SL-AR12 Mic/Line 1/2) - Left" for one input port and the right one for the other input port.
4) For output choose "(SL-AR12 Playback 1/2 (SL-AR12 Playback 1/2)-Left)" and the right one for for your output ports.

Now your AR12 will use TWO inputs - you can't use it like an actual mixer, which is what I actually need. I have two mics and two guitar channels that need to go in, so I'm going to have to remove the AR12 and try something else.