• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn off hardware monitoring with MOTU Microbook
I have been unable so far to find settings that will enable me to turn off hardware input monitoring in my MOTU Microbook IIc interface and still hear the JamKazam output stream. I set JK to accept 2 Input channels of the interface (a mic and my Pianoteq software piano). JK then automatically required that I use Output channels 1 & 2 of the same interface. I am using a MacBook Air, OSX High Sierra, and the most recent JK update. 

I always hear my piano and mic input directly monitored, on top of the JK output stream. If I mute the MOTU hardware input monitor mix (with MOTU CuemixFX), I can't hear JK output either. How can I turn off input monitoring in the MOTU, yet hear JK through the MOTU outputs?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
(04-13-2020, 04:26 PM)TimN Wrote: I have been unable so far to find settings that will enable me to turn off hardware input monitoring in my MOTU Microbook IIc interface and still hear the JamKazam output stream. I set JK to accept 2 Input channels of the interface (a mic and my Pianoteq software piano). JK then automatically required that I use Output channels 1 & 2 of the same interface. I am using a MacBook Air, OSX High Sierra, and the most recent JK update. 

I always hear my piano and mic input directly monitored, on top of the JK output stream. If I mute the MOTU hardware input monitor mix (with MOTU CuemixFX), I can't hear JK output either. How can I turn off input monitoring in the MOTU, yet hear JK through the MOTU outputs?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tim, does adjusting the Aux 1-2 fader in the CueMixFX Mixes tab have any effect?
Kevin
Thanks, kkriner! 

I just solved the issue. I tried your suggestion, but it faded away my JK input from my interface also.  It turns out that I needed to find the way to overcome JK's default selection of Output channels 1 & 2 on my MOTU Microbook. As others found, it was impossible to just select other output channels on the JK pull-down menu, because it refused to unselect 1 & 2 and gave an error message that it is not permitted to select 4 outputs.  I had to delete the Microbook interface from my Audio Gear, rechoose it, manually uncheck the first two listed Output channels that JK automatically selects, and check the desired Output channels 7 & 8 (phones). 

Now I can fade away the hardware input monitor mix in CuemixFX and hear/control the output from JamKazam in the clear.  Whew!
Glad to hear you solved the issue, Tim!
Kevin