• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behringer UMC202HD Setup & Latency
I have a Behringer UMC202HD set up with Windows 10.  

Its working OK.  However the best that I can get for audio latency (measured via JamChat setup) is 13 ms.

I am using the WDM driver option, and selecting a frame size of 10 ms.

I can't see any ASIO driver option.  And if I go below 10 ms  frame size, I get the "crackling/popping" sound issue.  The sound is only clean with 10 ms frame size and higher.  Installing ASIO4ALL and its setup (and activating it for the UMC202HD), I didn't see any ASIO drivers appear either, and JamKazam's ASIO panel option doesn't work.

Has anyone had a set up on Windows 10 using UMC202HD with latency under 10ms?  Any tips?  Is WDM the best available for UMC202HD?  How do you know you're using ASIO drivers when using other devices?
Then install the ASIO driver from Behringer

Then you should be able to use it.

The latency will be 4.2 milliseconds when buffer size is 8 samples.

Behringer UMC 404, 204HD, 404HD and 202HD is all giving 4.2, as far as I know

Here is Behringers ASIO drivers:
https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Beh...ans(en|en)
Make sure motherboard drivers are up to date.
Thanks for the input!

I have downloaded the Behringer drivers, and they do have the ASIO compatible icon visible (see the attachments). 

I also update my BIOS drivers.  

However I still can't tell if ASIO drivers are active (I used WDM drivers, see the attachment).  

Also my latency is still 11 ms (see attachment with 11 ms circled in red). 

Is what I am seeing normal, or should there be a better driver option than WDM?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

IMHO your Behringer ASIO device should come up in your 'devices' list. If not something probably did not go right.
Is everything connected and switched on? Did you follow the installation steps for the driver package?
I do see the correct and most recent one (4.59) in one of your screens.
I'm not totally sure, but I think there can be different audio settings for JamChat, compared to the actual audio settings used for jamming instruments and pro audio microphones. All of the screen shots are of the JamChat settings, not the regular audio settings. JamChat is a separate audio channel where you don't care about latency as much as you do for jamming, and is typically used if you either don't have a singing microphone as part of your jam setup, or you are out of channels (example: if both audio channels on your 202HD are taken up with instruments and there's no room to add a microphone, then JK will let you use the additional JamChat channel and whatever mic source you wish, just know that the latency for chatting with other members may/will likely be higher. If you do have a mic for singing or part of your jamming setup and plugged into the 202HD, then select "Use Music Microphone" on Step 4, Configure Voice Chat, the you will have the low latency for voice per the 202HD ASIO settings, and there will be no separate chat channel. Hope this helps
Try this link.
https://www.simplegreenmedia.com/wp/behr...-settings/
Thumbs Up 

Success Smile 

First, thanks everyone for all the suggestions  Smile

I think Jamchat does set up the audio, and I was also adding a the high latency voice chat via my laptop's built in mic successfully, and UMC202HD was being used as the low latency channel (albiet at 10ms)  However I was not finding the ASIO drivers.  When you mentioned its not the 'normal' way, I figured I should poke around more.  

What I found was indeed this (normal I suppose) audio settings screen lists all the same drivers but also the ASIO driver option shows up for the UMC202HD.  I then needed to manually enable the 2nd channel for stereo and enable the voice chat via my laptop mic.   Now it is working, with low latency ASIO drivers for the UMC202HD.  

Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.  Attached in a screenshot of where the ASIO drivers are listed.
Hi Sonance,
That looks right. The ASIO drivers on the L and R UMC202HD audio channels for jamming, and then the laptop's internal mic on an additional JamChat audio channel with higher latency where it is not of a concern. BTW, the screenshot shows the UMC202HD's internal latency at 4.17ms, colored green because that is a pretty good number. Your reference to 10ms latency I assume is the roundtrip latency shown in a session with someone else over the Internet (approximately both user's internal interface latency + Internet latency), which is also quite good, and likely is also colored green during the session. This type of performance is good for jamming. Enjoy!