• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behringer U-PHORIA UM2 & ASIO4ALL Issues
I have a friend who has this problem with a UM2 he just bought. He's on a new HP laptop 8GB, AMD processor. We've downloaded the drivers from the links above (we watched the videos) and the ASIO drivers. We disabled the integrated speakers and mic. The ASIO selection issues the error message right away but the CODEC selection sometimes passes the test. Using that selection we establish a session but I am grayed out to him but he's not grayed out to me but that "green-green-green-red-red" horizontal line of dashes on him is in the red (on my screen.) In the session we can't hear each other of course and occasionally the "white background" window comes up with that error, the one where they want you to send JK the error in an email. We both hit resync often to no avail. My config is a PS Studio 68c with a Dell XPS/Core I7/16GB and I often have had successful sessions with other players. What can we try that might fix this?
Search for - grayed out - no audio - und so weiter. Router - network

And you will find

It is likely a router issue
Hans, before he attached the UM2 we were able to have sessions but the latency was bad. We thought an audio interface would solve the problem but we've seemed to go backwards. Do you still think it's a router issue?
(04-15-2020, 07:28 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote: I looked at the Behringer site and also found the driver listed is ASIO4ALL.  I assume that's the standard ASIO4ALL.  I actually tried to use that with another interface, unsuccessfully with jamkazam, and ultimately found that they don't recommend using it with jamkazam.  I'm sorry.  I can definitely recommend the umc202hd however.  It's working great, and has internal latency according to jamkazam of 4 2 mSec.  They cost about $118.

thats 4.2 mSec
Do I need to install the ASIO4ALL driver before connecting the interface to my PC or laptop? Or does that not matter? I ordered the Behringer UM2 202HD.
FYI, for the UMC22, the Behringer ASIO4ALL is not the standard one.  To get the Behringer, you must download it from this site:

https://musictribe-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/kyle_johnson/EXI20ugy5GRJgqgtWgKGVmoBP_jYPe2u2l1qLHHi8_xpMQ?e=WfeKi4

(This link was given to me by a Berhinger tech.)  I don't know that it works better, but it is different from the standard one.
(05-04-2020, 12:01 PM)TonyD Wrote: FYI, for the UMC22, the Behringer ASIO4ALL is not the standard one.  To get the Behringer, you must download it from this site:

https://musictribe-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/kyle_johnson/EXI20ugy5GRJgqgtWgKGVmoBP_jYPe2u2l1qLHHi8_xpMQ?e=WfeKi4

(This link was given to me by a Berhinger tech.)  I don't know that it works better, but it is different from the standard one.

That seems to be a dead link for me. Do you have another link available? It sounds like you've got it figured out.
Hmmm. Don't know why that link is fussy. Try this:

https://musictribe-my.sharepoint.com/per...lRdjd3MTBn

Let me know if problem.
(04-15-2020, 12:27 PM)TonyD Wrote: FWIW, I am using the Behringer UMC22.  Honestly, I've fooled around with it so much that I can't remember whether I'm still using the ASIO driver.  But the bottom liine is that I've gotten a headache and have never gotten the latency under 20ms.  I'm planning on upgrading to the UMC202HD.  (I'm running Wndows 10.)
i have the same Interface and cant seem to be able to see it as an option while adding the gear.
(05-04-2020, 12:01 PM)TonyD Wrote: FYI, for the UMC22, the Behringer ASIO4ALL is not the standard one.  To get the Behringer, you must download it from this site:

Thanke, but the link has expired

James S. Wilson