• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do VST's Work?
Has anyone been able to get a reverb VST to work on an instrument track?
I have instrument tracks working fine, and Jamtracks working fine, but when I add a reverb (or any other) VST to an instrument track it makes no difference. 
You can hear no reverb at all.
I've seen "rumors" of 32 bit VST's only, but still no luck even with one of those.

If someone has one working, which one?
Was there something special you had to do?
Again, I can add the VST fine; the VST control panel comes up like it should; you can change presets, etc.
It just doesn't do anything to the sound!

Thanks.
(04-07-2020, 10:30 PM)jjinaz259 Wrote: Has anyone been able to get a reverb VST to work on an instrument track?
I have instrument tracks working fine, and Jamtracks working fine, but when I add a reverb (or any other) VST to an instrument track it makes no difference. 
I've seen "rumors" of 32 bit VST's only, but still no luck even with one of those.

Again, I can add the VST fine; the VST control panel comes up like it should; you can change presets, etc.

Thanks.
Yes, I've been able to use my Waves Abbey Road reverb fur bug voice and on keys... And Guitar Rig on my guitar... No luck , however, with my Lounge Lizard midi keys.
(04-26-2020, 09:20 AM)gilligandavis Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 10:30 PM)jjinaz259 Wrote: Has anyone been able to get a reverb VST to work on an instrument track?

Thanks.
Yes, I've been able to use my Waves Abbey Road reverb fur bug voice and on keys... And Guitar Rig on my guitar... No luck , however, with my Lounge Lizard midi keys.
Hey @gilligandavis, are using JamKazam on Windows?  If so, would you comment on how you got a Waves plugin working with JamKazam?

I purchased the Waves Maserati ACG plugin, installed and licensed it on my Windows 10 machine, and pointed JamKazam to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V11" (as described for Pro Tools).  JamKazam doesn't find it.

I am on Mac, so the plugins are AU not VST, but yes - my Focusrite Red 3 EQ and Compressor are working (since the latest JK update but not on earlier versions)
(06-01-2020, 03:39 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I am on Mac, so the plugins are AU not VST, but yes - my Focusrite Red 3 EQ and Compressor are working (since the latest JK update but not on earlier versions)

Was hoping to find someone successfully using Waves plugins with JamKazam.
(06-01-2020, 03:39 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I am on Mac, so the plugins are AU not VST, but yes - my Focusrite Red 3 EQ and Compressor are working (since the latest JK update but not on earlier versions)
What version of MacOS are you using? 10.15.5 doesn't support 32 bit anymore, not sure if that's a problem or not. But no plugins work in JamKazam for me. They scan and load OK, but receive no input. It's like they're turned off.

Thanks.
I tore my hair out over this and finally deleted my audio devices and created a new one then added a vst effect and it worked. It is a bug...just delete and resetup...
(03-30-2021, 09:26 PM)martytess Wrote:

Thanks.
I tore my hair out over this and finally deleted my audio devices and created a new one then added a vst effect and it worked. It is a bug...just delete and resetup...

(03-30-2021, 11:16 PM)jjinaz259 Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 09:26 PM)martytess Wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to respond! We switched to SoundJack a while back, but may come back to Jamkazam eventually.
(07-12-2020, 07:46 PM)jamsden Wrote:
What version of MacOS are you using? 10.15.5 doesn't support 32 bit anymore, not sure if that's a problem or not. But no plugins work in JamKazam for me. They scan and load OK, but receive no input. It's like they're turned off.
10.15, 10.13, & 10.11