• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to have two inputs on the chat?
Hi there. 

My question is - is it possible to have two inputs assigned to the chat. The audio configuration utility only allows a single source to be assigned to the chat. 

A bit of background .... My band has been using JK since the beginning of the pandemic. Recently, our bass player has joined our guitarist at his house. They've been using a usb room mic for the chat but it's not very good. The guitarist has upgraded his mixer to a Soundcraft 12FX which has 4 USB outputs to the computer. Outputs 3 and 4 are the overall mix (guitar, bass, etc). USB output 1 and 2 map to mixer input 1 and 2. We'd like to use those for two microphones. One for the guitarist's chat and the other for the bassist's chat. But we can only assign one output to the chat. We'd like to assign both. Is it possible? 

I know we could do this with a more sophisticated mixer. For example, we have a Soundcraft UI-24 where we could assign the two mics to an aux bus and then assign the corresponding USB channel for the aux bus to the JK chat. Unfortunately, we aren't in a position to use that for this situation. 

I expect this can't be done with our current configuration, but we thought we'd put it out there to our smart friends on this forum. 

Thanks
Have you had any luck?
(05-26-2023, 04:06 AM)stenio Wrote: Have you had any luck?
Hi Stenio 

No. We haven't had any replies or advice. And we haven't had any luck trying variations on that configuration. 

Like I said, I know we could do it with the UI24 and an aux bus not that isn't going to work with the 12FX. It's a great little mixer. We got three of them scattered around the city. One in each of my house, the guitarists house, and the pianists house. But it can't handle two chat mics. 

I'll post again if we ever solve it. 

Cheers.