• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
static issues
Hi, everyone. Jamkazam worked flawlessly on my Windows 10 computer, but I recently built a new machine and am now using Windows 11. Since my re-install of Jamkazam, I sound very static-y to the other players in a session. However, I sound fine to myself on my end. Do you have any suggestions about why this may be happening, and what settings I need to check to rectify the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Make sure your sample rate is set correctly. Either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz work fine, but you need to have the same settings for Windows and for Jamkazam.

If you hear yourself something different from what your other jammers hear of you, I suspect you are direct-monitoring your input. Be sure you are only monitoring the signal from Jamkazam
(01-11-2022, 07:36 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Make sure your sample rate is set correctly. Either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz work fine, but you need to have the same settings for Windows and for Jamkazam.

If you hear yourself something different from what your other jammers hear of you, I suspect you are direct-monitoring your input. Be sure you are only monitoring the signal from Jamkazam

I've double-checked, and I am running the same sample rate for Windows and for Jamkazam (48 kHz). I'm using a Steinberg UR22, and am definitely monitoring the signal from Jamkazam, not direct monitoring. I have my frame size set to 2. Do all of us in a session need to match our frame size? Should I try a different frame size? I'm kind of stumped here. Thanks for the help!! Smile
(01-12-2022, 02:50 PM)cwzois@gmail.com Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 07:36 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Make sure your sample rate is set correctly. Either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz work fine, but you need to have the same settings for Windows and for Jamkazam.

I've double-checked, and I am running the same sample rate for Windows and for Jamkazam (48 kHz). I'm using a Steinberg UR22, and am definitely monitoring the signal from Jamkazam, not direct monitoring. I have my frame size set to 2. Do all of us in a session need to match our frame size? Should I try a different frame size? I'm kind of stumped here. Thanks for the help!! Smile
The frame size is individual to each player - it doesn't have to be the same between players, but I think 2.5 is the default and that usually works fine. Since this is a new machine you are using, there's a long list of possible issues. If you can, I'd try setting up the old machine and see if this new problem is not related to your interface.

Another possible cause is a mis-match between input and monitoring levels. Make sure you don't have any "redline" levels in your audio signal path or the digital mixer in JK