• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10, jamkazam stopped working last night
Angry Jamkazam stopped working last night. It immediately crashes after selecting a room to enter or when attempting to create a new room, private or public. 
After it crashed the first time, i rebooted, no change. So I uninstalled and reinstaleld, no change. Today I downloaded the latest version and installed it twice, no change. Nothing has changed on my end that I am aware of, and this computer and the other devices in my network are all behaving as normal. I've sent in 10-15 crash reports now, but I really don't know what else to do.  This computer is windows 10, 12GB ram, Xeon, everything else is fine! Just Jamkazam is broken.

(03-23-2021, 03:19 AM)chris hughes denver Wrote: Angry Jamkazam stopped working last night. It immediately crashes after selecting a room to enter or when attempting to create a new room, private or public. 
After it crashed the first time, i rebooted, no change. So I uninstalled and reinstaleld, no change. Today I downloaded the latest version and installed it twice, no change. Nothing has changed on my end that I am aware of, and this computer and the other devices in my network are all behaving as normal. I've sent in 10-15 crash reports now, but I really don't know what else to do.  This computer is windows 10, 12GB ram, Xeon, everything else is fine! Just Jamkazam is broken.
Just to add, my background is system administration (Solaris/HPUX/RH/Windows), I'm really not a novice, and the behavior of this program indicates something seriously wrong,  as there is no error message or warning given, it just disappears. aarrrghhh.

OK, I feel stupid, but deleting all the au8dio configuration data has let the thing run again.
(03-23-2021, 03:19 AM)chris hughes denver Wrote: Angry Jamkazam stopped working last night. It immediately crashes after selecting a room to enter or when attempting to create a new room, private or public. 

Just to add, my background is system administration (Solaris/HPUX/RH/Windows), I'm really not a novice, and the behavior of this program indicates something seriously wrong,  as there is no error message or warning given, it just disappears. aarrrghhh.

OK, I feel stupid, but deleting all the au8dio configuration data has let the thing run again.

>>>
Hi Chris, cool you're back up.

JKz is known to have issues with audio drivers every now and then.
Especially e.g. double installed drivers or packages belonging to sound cards not being used and/or not being present.
There's a few posts on this forum about that subject.

Myself not a big fan of drastic uninstall/reinstall actions (config files/settings files are hardly ever being uninstalled/removed during those actions). The odd reboot every now and then fine. Actually just resetting config (if you can still run that part of an appl.) or deleting a settings/config file would probably be more helpful.
I reckon I have deleted/recreated my audio profile more than 30 times since I started using JamKazam again last year. In some cases it was because I made changes to my hardware setup, but for the other times it was becaue the client stopped working correctly. Blowing away my audio profile and setting it up again has been a reliable method of fixing Jamkazam issues.
yeah, deleting the configs seems like the quickest way back to it working, but its kind a pain in the ass if you have multiple inputs (also possibly an  issue?).
im used to being able to read a log file and troubleshooting what is goin on, but there is not yet a substantial amount of material available for error codes/troubleshooting in this application. 
 I am chalking it up to teething pains. 1 or 2 more years with a substantial user base and there will be signicant refinments and a compilation of technical reference material that will make it easier to troubleshoot hopefully.
i could even get my jk app to launch so i removed it but now cannot reinstall.. its terrible