• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac and Loop Back
macOS Catalina + Jamkazam
Loop Back
Audio InterfaceTongueroSonus Studio 1810C

Want to be able to play something from YouTube or iTunes and have all players in my JK room able to hear like I am  hearing it 
I know you can do in Windows...but I'm an Apple guy...
I'm not certain you can play a streaming file into Jamkazam and have it play into the ears of others. I am certain that if you were to get it to work, it would cut into your session bandwidth, and probably raise your system latency.

The JK method for playing tracks that can be heard by your peers is to do it from inside the app:

https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/s...acks-loops

My way of doing it is to play my files or streams from my iPad (or Android phone), which is going into my interface mixed into my keyboard tracks. I can also plug the iPad into another pair of inputs on the interface, then create a new track to add to my JK audio profile.
(02-26-2021, 02:09 AM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I'm not certain you can play a streaming file into Jamkazam and have it play into the ears of others. I am certain that if you were to get it to work, it would cut into your session bandwidth, and probably raise your system latency.

The JK method for playing tracks that can be heard by your peers is to do it from inside the app:

https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/s...acks-loops

My way of doing it is to play my files or streams from my iPad (or Android phone), which is going into my interface mixed into my keyboard tracks. I can also plug the iPad into another pair of inputs on the interface, then create a new track to add to my JK audio profile.
Or if you play an intelligent keyboard you should be able to play audio files from there.
Here's my input. I'm familiar with the concept of Loop Back, because I previously used Sound Flower. In principle, what you're asking about also applies to an existing thread about using your DAW with JamKazam. For Loop back, i would have to assume you need to setup a routing from your source (i.e., browser, system audio, itunes, VLC, DAW), and set the target output to the same driver you are using for JK. Unfortunately JK does not allow you to have multiples audio devices for your active profile.

I happen to have an extra laptop for the purpose, and use the stereo output to a 2 inputs of my audio interface (i have an 8 channel interface). Sometimes in our JK session we listen to song together for lessons reasons and it sounds great. very clear. I'm all hardware with my setup.
Yes and no. JK completely takes over the Mac audio subsystem so internal software I/O routing is not possible beyond what JK implements. However, apps that will run on top of the audio subsystem and still access the audio interface (in my case Ableton Live) I can build multiple software routing devices in LoopBack, create an aggregate device using the main hardware audio interface and the LoopBack devices, send the desired audio using Ableton Live to specific outputs on the hardware audio interface and physically connect those outputs to physical inputs on the hardware interface going into JK. Works like a champ. We use the configuration described to do mixing and overdubs in real time via JK in Ableton Live.