• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The value of Private Session
New to JamKazam.

I see the option to start a private session.  Could someone give me some advice about the value of starting a private session for solo practicing?

Why would this be better than just setting up and playing by yourself in a room with your own technology?

JP
It's how you test out your audio gear, it allows you to make recordings of your playing, and gives you the opportunity to use JamTracks.
(02-13-2021, 05:52 PM)jkpalmer@mac.com Wrote: New to JamKazam.

I see the option to start a private session.  Could someone give me some advice about the value of starting a private session for solo practicing?

Why would this be better than just setting up and playing by yourself in a room with your own technology?

JP

>>>
An easy way to play with your mates without being disturbed by session crashers and without having to setup restrictions etc.. Just invite only who you want to play with.
Well, shucks. Since a couple of good direct responses were added already, let me provide an indirect one.

If the intention at the time is to play by yourself, then JK is not better since it may be obsolete for the purpose. Your question has a point to it.

Having said this, I have noticed that since joining JK my intentions have changed. Previously I would have my own closed-system with my DAW. But now with JK, there’s a part of me that wants to incorporate my so called "room with my technology", into JK session.

I find myself starting out in a private session and open to the idea of spontaneously jumping into a session with a Friend because I can receive notifications, and see Friends on the right side pane. Or, venture off into an open session.

In a way, all of this is a very healthy welcomed distraction – especially now during the isolation. I am fairly certain many friend$ps have formed on JK, and will continue too.
I took the comment "Good for solo practice" in the "Start A Session" a bit too literal.

Working with a friend and struggling a bit with our technical configuration, but sure we will get it working!

Thanks to All who quickly responded.

Jim P.