• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
(04-25-2020, 12:13 AM)raychew Wrote: I can confirm that the Presonus AudioBox USB 96 works with JamKazam. I've had it running on both Windows 7 and 10 using their ASIO driver. I get approximately 4ms audio latency.

Thanks for the info, raychew! I’ve moved the Persons Audiobox USB 96 from the “Mentioned” to the “Working” category on the list.
Kevin
Just installed my new Steinberg UR22C (USB3.0) and seems fine on a solo session - testing with band this afternoon.
Need to read the instructions and download driver and tools before installing. Initial settings with buffer rate at 512 samples give high latency and I/O delay but reduce it down to say 32 or 48 and it's all green.
Need to have mic on input 1 and bass on input 2. Phantom power switched on, HI-Z button for bass input2 'on' (pushed in).
Can only hear my mic and bass thru' headset when I'm in a session or recording - not during audio setup for some reason. Maybe because I have the input/DAW dial turned all the way to DAW as advised by JK.
Can be used on USB2.0 and it's fine so USB3.0 is probably overkill unless you need the higher quality for recording. With USB2.0, instructions say you need an external power source - a separate USB charger connection. Seems to work without, but power supply solely through the USB2.0 may drop out from time to time?
Will update after band session test.
Thanks, Colin - hope the session with your band this afternoon goes well, and we'll look forward to hearing how it goes!
Kevin
Presonus Firestudio doesn't let program start  Windows 10, 7 (compatibility)
Presonus Firebox -  Too much latency, but will kindof work.
(04-27-2020, 12:33 AM)myucka Wrote: Presonus Firestudio doesn't let program start  Windows 10, 7 (compatibility)
Presonus Firebox -  Too much latency, but will kindof work.

Hi there,
I use a Presonus Firestudio Mobile.
A few years back it had worked (Win 7) but now it does not.
Whenever I have it pluged in, JamKazam CLient won't start.
Once I unplug it the Prg starts and I can see my Realtek built-in Audio.
So then I plug in the Presonus and all is gone: "Asio generic-low latency driver unavailable or corrupt".
I tried almost everything and am at the end of my wisdom.

Has anyone any further ideas of what I might have not seen?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers Tom
I am using a RME Fireface 800 (FireWire via express card) with an old HP Probook 4530s (Windows 10) at 5.9ms latency. Also using an ESI UGM96 on the same laptop (Usb 2.0) at 4.4ms latency. Both have been stable enough to jam with guys in my city and halfway across the country.
Myucka - thanks for the info! I’ve updated the list. Hope you can get the latency down on your Firebox.

DeadNZ - thanks for the info! I’ve updated the list, and hope you’re able to get your FireStudio Mobile work.

Guyfi - thanks for the info! I’ll add the info fo the Fireface 800 and move the UGM96 to the “Working” category.
Kevin
(04-23-2020, 03:43 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Mark - Thanks for the info! I’ve added the Zoom R8 to the “working, but not well” category in the list, and the PreSonus Studio 2}6 in the “Confirmed working with JamKazam” section. There have been folks that have reported successfully using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd generation interface with JamKazam. Which generation is yours? If it’s not a first generation, and you’re on a Mac, Check this post for a Mac-only driver download to reduce interface latency. From the Focusrite site: "Please note this Focusrite Low Latency installer is not supported for use with Scarlett 1st Gen interfaces and may prevent them from functioning properly.”

Colin - thanks for this info!  I’ve added the Zoom B2.1u to the “working, but not working well”, and good luck with the UR22C (which is currently in the “mentioned, but not working” category in the list).

ucnick - thank you for the info!  I’ve added the Audiobox 22VSL to the list in the “Confirmed working with JamKazam” category in the list.

Nick - thanks for the info!  I’ve moved the 4i4 3rd gen to the “confirmed working with JamKazam section and added the info.  This was helpful to another user who sent me a PM, so I sent her a link here, and she may post.
Just installed my new Steinberg UR22C (USB3.0) and seems fine on a solo session - testing with band this afternoon.
Need to read the instructions and download driver and tools before installing. Initial settings with buffer rate at 512 samples give high latency and I/O delay but reduce it down to say 32 or 48 and it's all green.
Need to have mic on input 1 and bass on input 2. Phantom power switched on, HI-Z button for bass input2 'on' (pushed in).
Can only hear my mic and bass thru' headset when I'm in a session or recording - not during audio setup for some reason. Maybe because I have the input/DAW dial turned all the way to DAW as advised by JK.
Can be used on USB2.0 and it's fine so USB3.0 is probably overkill unless you need the higher quality for recording. With USB2.0, instructions say you need an external power source - a separate USB charger connection. Seems to work without, but power supply solely through the USB2.0 may drop out from time to time?
Will update after band session test.

Update - band session worked OK for me and my mate with an audio interface but two others using basic mics kept cra$ng out as soon as they joined the session. We all got the latest update when we connected for the session. My mate, with the AI, on a Mac had the initial JK window automatically close before the update installed, I closed the initial window manually before installing the update on my PC. The other two on PCs did not close the initial JK window before installing the update and the updater did not prompt them to or close it automatically. I'm guessing that having JK running during the update may have corrupted the new installation. they will try to uninstall, search for and manually remove any lurking JK files (as previously reported as a problem) and reinstall the new version. Will post this bit as a separate thread for responses.
Thank you Kevin for this comprehensive List!
In the last section (AI mentioned, but not yet determined working ...) I could find my TASCAM US-1641. Just recently I bought a used one and it is working with JK.
Drivers and a fairly good documentation can be found here on an official TASCAM-Site . I operate it on a Windows 10 OS using TASCAMs ASIO-Driver (not the WDM thing).
I'm still testing a lot with my bandmates and we're still in the phase of talking more about the klicks and technics instead of jamming together.
Basically the TASCAM is doing it's job. If it can be recommended as working good or very good I cannot say yet.
The latency which the JK-system shows me has never been better than fair and the IO-Rates vary from fair to good.

So the TASCAM US-1641 definitely can be moved to the section AI confirmed working with JK .
Keep on listing!
Best regards,
Joern
(04-23-2020, 06:40 PM)geobrick Wrote: I'm new to JamKazam and haven't done much trouble shooting yet but I have not been able to launch JamKazam with my TC Studio Konnekt48 (firewire interface). I'm using Windows 10 (x64). I have a separate thread asking for some help to get it working. That thread has an image of the error message. If I can get it to work, I'll report back.
I still haven't got the JamKazam app (on Win10 x64) to work with my TC Studio Konnekt-48 audio interface. When the interface is turned on, JamKazam will either freeze with a white screen (not responding) or will display this error:

[Image: WCFd4RH.png]

I think this audio interface should be added to the list in the "Mentioned, But Not Yet Determined If Working" section for now.
If you have any suggestions for me, I have a separate post here: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=514