• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win10 Media Relay Server notifications repeat
After JK startup, I get a noisy pop-out notification that the Media Relay Server setup is X% done,
and it repeats every couple seconds with only tiny increase in % for 5 minutes!
I'm on a very fast connection, btw.
It's extremely annoying, and says something like "leave client running until done".

This time, it got to 100% and said it was done, but then started over.

What causes this, and how can I suppress the notifications or better yet do something to help it finish faster?

TIA,
It's synchronizing your recordings, Jamtracks, and other (?) settings between your local computer and the JK media server(s).

the pop-up is annoying as heck, but it shouldn't cause any trouble. If you leave the client running when you log out of JK, it should complete in the background until the next sync-time.

no idea how to suppress the notification; speeding it up just requires faster upload speeds (symmetrical 1Gb fiber-optic should do it)
Same problem here. Truly annoying!!!!!

It happens even if JK is not open.
Same, just activated
I guess this just becomes a request to the JK programmers to change the Notification usage. It was a bad idea.
Please either have a static control on the JK window that gets updated with progress,
or use some kind of messagbar, instead of the constant popup dinging.
Or, is there really any benefit to the user to see it at all?
Perhaps only notify if there's an actual error?
Thanks,
I would prefer a status indicator within the right pane of the client window, similar to a download status indicator in a web browser.

I like to know what's going on, but the whack-a-mole pop thing is - undesirable
(01-29-2021, 06:49 PM)starmusic Wrote: After JK startup, I get a noisy pop-out notification that the Media Relay Server setup is X% done,
It's extremely annoying, and says something like "leave client running until done".

What causes this, and how can I suppress the notifications or better yet do something to help it finish faster?

TIA,
This is interesting as they've disabled the use of the Audio Relay server in the recent client builds. I haven't seen this behavior myself.
(02-04-2021, 02:01 AM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 06:49 PM)starmusic Wrote: After JK startup, I get a noisy pop-out notification that the Media Relay Server setup is X% done,

TIA,
This is interesting as they've disabled the use of the Audio Relay server in the recent client builds. I haven't seen this behavior myself.

>>>
Not so much, as per the change log only the number of (nagging) popups regarding the ARS have been reduced.
If you look at the 'Net Path' it will actually state 'ARS' - at least it does for the people I work with and myself. Where this would change to 'p2p' before when one chose to use 'p2p prefered'.