• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suboptimal configuration dialog?
All,

I just (a couple of days ago) updated to the latest release and changed my subscription from free to Silver.

At some point in the process of starting up JK (following the updates) I was presented with a dialog that indicated that my configuration/setting were not set for the best user experience (can't recall exact wording).

I don't see that dialog presented a second time - but that could because I am not starting a multi-player session (?).

Is there a way to get back to that warning dialog - or otherwise address any performance concerns that the app detects?

Have been periodically using the old free version through 2020 and researching some configuration tweaks to get going. That helped considerably, but didn't really quite "get there". 

I am thinking the new software has all new performance/configuration "preferences" (and the UI seems to have changed since I last looked).

I imagine this has been asked already - but I did search first, and didn't find this question.

Many thanks,
-Paul
(01-07-2021, 04:04 PM)Paul_in_KC Wrote: All,

I just (a couple of days ago) updated to the latest release and changed my subscription from free to Silver.

At some point in the process of starting up JK (following the updates) I was presented with a dialog that indicated that my configuration/setting were not set for the best user experience (can't recall exact wording).

I don't see that dialog presented a second time - but that could because I am not starting a multi-player session (?).

Is there a way to get back to that warning dialog - or otherwise address any performance concerns that the app detects?

Have been periodically using the old free version through 2020 and researching some configuration tweaks to get going. That helped considerably, but didn't really quite "get there". 

I am thinking the new software has all new performance/configuration "preferences" (and the UI seems to have changed since I last looked).

I imagine this has been asked already - but I did search first, and didn't find this question.

Many thanks,
-Paul
Good question. I think a lot of us have seen this window pop up, but only once. I made the recommended change and assumed that's why I haven't seen it since
(01-07-2021, 06:21 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 04:04 PM)Paul_in_KC Wrote: All,

Many thanks,
-Paul
Good question. I think a lot of us have seen this window pop up, but only once. I made the recommended change and assumed that's why I haven't seen it since

I don't think it's because you made changes (I didn't). But not 100% sure either.

I only started/joined one multi-player session. But, I think the dialog came up before then? Just can't remember.

I am thinking it comes up once - and never displays again. I haven't searched my computer, but there may be someplace in the registry (Windows machine) that is storing that information. It would have to be stored someplace - if it only comes up once regardless of making any changes.
-P.
The message has come up for me each time I start a session, but there is a checkbox that you can select so that the message does not show again. My question is about the resulting report that it offers. If you select "Yes" to see the report, the report provides some high level details. For my audio interface, it simply says something like "update configuration of your usb interface to lower latency to <5ms" , but offers no further details of what to change. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Anyone have any knowledge of what to change?
(01-07-2021, 10:16 PM)meloveless Wrote: The message has come up for me each time I start a session, but there is a checkbox that you can select so that the message does not show again. My question is about the resulting report that it offers. If you select "Yes" to see the report, the report provides some high level details. For my audio interface, it simply says something like "update configuration of your usb interface to lower latency to <5ms" , but offers no further details of what to change. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Anyone have any knowledge of what to change?
In my case, it advised to increase the sample rate from 41k to 48k on a MOTU M2 interface.
(01-07-2021, 10:33 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 10:16 PM)meloveless Wrote: The message has come up for me each time I start a session, but there is a checkbox that you can select so that the message does not show again. My question is about the resulting report that it offers. If you select "Yes" to see the report, the report provides some high level details. For my audio interface, it simply says something like "update configuration of your usb interface to lower latency to <5ms" , but offers no further details of what to change. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Anyone have any knowledge of what to change?
In my case, it advised to increase the sample rate from 41k to 48k on a MOTU M2 interface.
Thanks StuartR! I read more in the forums and found a suggestion to increase sample rate to 96k and lower frame size to 1. I did those 2 updates and reduced latency slightly, to 7.3.
(01-08-2021, 02:45 PM)meloveless Wrote:
Thanks StuartR! I read more in the forums and found a suggestion to increase sample rate to 96k and lower frame size to 1. I did those 2 updates and reduced latency slightly, to 7.3.
Glad it helped. That's about the lowest latency we've been able to get on that interface too. Keep an eye out for any driver update from Focusrite that may help in that regard.
(01-08-2021, 06:37 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 02:45 PM)meloveless Wrote:
Glad it helped. That's about the lowest latency we've been able to get on that interface too. Keep an eye out for any driver update from Focusrite that may help in that regard.
You will be able to retrieve the report from the "manage" - "support" menue at the top left at any time...