• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't hear myself in my headphones
I having been attending informal tune sessions with friends and mostly things have gone smoothly. My problem is that I cannot hear myself in my headphones. I can hear all the other participants, but not my own voice. I have fiddled with volume knobs and various sliders, and I've jiggled cables and changed my adapter plug, to no avail. My solution has been to put the headphones on one ear only so I hear myself in "real time" while everyone else is in my other ear.

I have a Presonus USB96 audio interface, with Bose headphones that I already owned, and Pyle PDMic78 microphone.

Thanks.
Try rebooting your router.
(12-25-2020, 07:22 PM)fiddlelaura Wrote: I having been attending informal tune sessions with friends and mostly things have gone smoothly. My problem is that I cannot hear myself in my headphones. I can hear all the other participants, but not my own voice. I have fiddled with volume knobs and various sliders, and I've jiggled cables and changed my adapter plug, to no avail. My solution has been to put the headphones on one ear only so I hear myself in "real time" while everyone else is in my other ear.

I have a Presonus USB96 audio interface, with Bose headphones that I already owned, and Pyle PDMic78 microphone.

Thanks.
When you did the audio gear setup in the JK client, were you able to hear the little ping sound through your headphones at the end of setup?
(12-25-2020, 09:01 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 07:22 PM)fiddlelaura Wrote: I having been attending informal tune sessions with friends and mostly things have gone smoothly. My problem is that I cannot hear myself in my headphones. I can hear all the other participants, but not my own voice. I have fiddled with volume knobs and various sliders, and I've jiggled cables and changed my adapter plug, to no avail. My solution has been to put the headphones on one ear only so I hear myself in "real time" while everyone else is in my other ear.

Thanks.
When you did the audio gear setup in the JK client, were you able to hear the little ping sound through your headphones at the end of setup?
Yes, I believe so.
(12-26-2020, 03:09 AM)fiddlelaura Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 09:01 PM)StuartR Wrote:

Thanks.
Yes, I believe so.
And you're sure you haven't accidentally muted yourself in your personal mix control. Due to the nature of the JK interface it's easy to do by just moving your pointer across the bottom of the level control.
Another user who I was trying to play with was having the same problem.

Have not found a solution so let me know if you find one.  Incidentally she was also using Bose headphones though hard for me to imagine that the problem is in the headphones because she is able to hear the other musicians.

Also was having an issue with fairly high latency because she was not using an audio interface.  Not sure if the two issues are somehow related.

And... is running Catalina 10.15.7 so I was wondering whether you also are running a Mac with Catalina perhaps??

Perhaps that is where the issue lies??