• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XR18 buffer forced to 8 samples
Hello,

First time post here. I have a RME F# which works very nicely with JK, but I am having trouble with my XR18.

Whatever I do in the configuration it always gets forced to 8 samples in the ASIO settings and that ends up being garbled on playback. I'm sure it was working fine until one of the recent new releases.

I have seen mention of this problem in several posts but no definitive solution which prevents JK from choosing its own "guess".

Does anyone have a way forward for me, please?

Thx

Cliff
I do not have a solution, but mine does the same thing. My audio quality is quite good though.

I found I had to remove any effects I had on my channels and on the Main LR I send into JK to get the most optimal sound. Hopefully that can be of some help.
>>>
XR18 (MR18) here as well.
Also at 8 samples, no issues with audio quality.
4.59 ASIO Behringer.
Thanks for your replies, it's appreciated.

I've set it to 2ch in 2ch out mode, which is good enough for JK, and it is well behaved now.

It's impressive that it can work at 8 samples at all and definitely good for latency, but I would rather have a choice in the matter  Smile

Now to get my non-tech savvy bandmates on board Cool

best wishes

Cliff
The lower the sample rate only puts more stress on CPU.  If you were garbling at some point, your CPU was probably at 100%.  

That said, if your still playing on JamKazam, keep your gear settings in place.  After a Jan/Feb update, if you reinstall your XR18 ASIO gear, JK is forcing the sample rate to 128 with no ability to change it whatsoever back to 8 samples.  Im trying to find a fix for this, cause my latency went from 4.2 to 8.4.   Would love to have the 4ms back with settings that my system will handle no problem.
(03-30-2021, 05:11 AM)WillCorvino Wrote: The lower the sample rate only puts more stress on CPU.  If you were garbling at some point, your CPU was probably at 100%.  

That said, if your still playing on JamKazam, keep your gear settings in place.  After a Jan/Feb update, if you reinstall your XR18 ASIO gear, JK is forcing the sample rate to 128 with no ability to change it whatsoever back to 8 samples.  Im trying to find a fix for this, cause my latency went from 4.2 to 8.4.   Would love to have the 4ms back with settings that my system will handle no problem.

>>>
Did you file a support request for this?
(03-30-2021, 09:26 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 05:11 AM)WillCorvino Wrote: The lower the sample rate only puts more stress on CPU.  If you were garbling at some point, your CPU was probably at 100%.  

>>>
Did you file a support request for this?
No support request, but figured out the fix for this issue.
Turns out that frame rate setting when setting up a new audio interface dictates the final resulting buffer setting that JK resets the the interface to. I use audio interface generically cause it had affected all my AI's  (Presonus 24c, Focusrite 2i2 and Behringer XR18) and have tested with reproducible results. 

The fix occurs when you add your AI from 'audio gear' settings (deleting existing is required if AI is already setup for change to occur).  

This is gonna make no sense, but it works and why JK has implemented this into its code is beyond me!

On the Behringer XR18, JK auto sets the following properties during setup of interface.

Framerate of 1 = 128 Samples (48khz) 8.2ms
Framerate of 2 = 128 Samples (48khz) 8.2ms
Framerate of 2.5 = 8 Samples (48khz) 4.2ms

You can literally watch JK reset the X18 control panel when you change the frame rate in the 'select and test audio gear'!  

The following is for the Presonus 24c results with universal control panel numbers (this may work with PS Audiobox 96 as well)

Framerate of 1 = 128 Block Size/Samples (48khz) 8.2ms

Framerate of 2 = 128 Block Size/Samples (48khz) 8.2ms
Framerate of 2.5 = 16 Block Size/Samples (48khz) 4.4ms
Framerate of 2.5 = 32 Block Size/Samples (96khz) 4ms