• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow in-my-home persons to listen in
JK has been working great. Four friends play together weekly. It would be great if our in-home spouses/partners could listen in while we play. If there is on obvious way to do this, I've missed it. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Hi - you could run a parallel feed from your headphone output, which you're using to listen whilst jamming, to an amp and speakers in another room. This will take your personal mix to them without risking feedback. I hope this helps!
(11-27-2020, 11:42 PM)farreln Wrote: JK has been working great. Four friends play together weekly. It would be great if our in-home spouses/partners could listen in while we play. If there is on obvious way to do this, I've missed it. Any suggestions? Thanks!
A cool and cheap tactic for doing this is to take a parallel split from your headphone feed (or just a 2nd feed from a headphone amp) and send it to a Bluetooth transmitter (mine cost $25 from Amazon). Link the transmitter to a Bluetooth speaker system or receiver pretty much anywhere within range of Bluetooth (at least 30 feet). You'll have a pretty independent "concert split" for your local audience. I've used this with a group of friends at our outdoor fire-pit (socially distanced, of course) while I was playing with a group of friends from around the country in my studio.
T.W. Day
Minnesota, USA
(12-01-2020, 04:12 AM)TWDay72 Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 11:42 PM)farreln Wrote: JK has been working great. Four friends play together weekly. It would be great if our in-home spouses/partners could listen in while we play. If there is on obvious way to do this, I've missed it. Any suggestions? Thanks!
A cool and cheap tactic for doing this is to take a parallel split from your headphone feed (or just a 2nd feed from a headphone amp) and send it to a Bluetooth transmitter (mine cost $25 from Amazon). Link the transmitter to a Bluetooth speaker system or receiver pretty much anywhere within range of Bluetooth (at least 30 feet). You'll have a pretty independent "concert split" for your local audience. I've used this with a group of friends at our outdoor fire-pit (socially distanced, of course) while I was playing with a group of friends from around the country in my studio.
Thanks. I would need to do this with a wifi speaker since the sound needs to go downstairs - to avoid feedback. I'll look at my bits and pieces and see how close I am to being able to do this.