• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
huge noise when playing/sessioning
Hello,
has anybody experience how I can avoid contact noise? It appears when I play on my own (starts as soon as I play guitar or sing) as well when I'm in a session with other players. I use a Tascam US 2x2 Audio interface and connect my LapTop via LAN cable to the Router.
Thanks for feedbacks
Guido
Not sure what "contact noise" is, but I suspect something is wrong with your audio set-up.
Thanks for your feedback. I used the only available audio configuration that works. It sounds like a huge digital distortion
Regards
Guido
(11-28-2020, 10:30 PM)Guido Blues Wrote: Thanks for your feedback. I used the only available audio configuration that works. It sounds like a huge digital distortion
Regards
Guido
Hi Guido,  I think I am experiencing the same problem.  Actually two problems one is the static noise that comes and goes sometimes it stays for a few minutes then goes away for a few minutes.  The other is that something that impacts latency randomly swings the Audio back and forth in time.  At times the audio file I play as a backing track slows down, then at other times it speeds up faster than the bpm of the song.

I have tried settings changes on my Audio Interface Increased Sample Rate, Decrease Sample Rate against Increased Buffer Size and Decreased Buffer Size.  In combination with this I have tried various Audio Booster settings.  The settings in the attached picture seem to minimize the noise and time phasing but I still have noise and time phasing issues. Note: frame size at 1ms works best if your CPU can handle it. 

As far as Sample Rate using 48KHz and buffer size at 32 gets me a Latency of 2.4 ms one way with a round trip in JK of 4.7 ms with CPU usage rate that bounces between 3% and 8%  My CPU is Intel® Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, My Ram is 32GB...so I estimate that means I am using less than one full core and 4GB of ram.

My Interface is a Steinberg UR-RT4.  And the problem with it is that there is no clear guidance (from anyone including the manufacturer) on how to assure that direct monitoring is turned off with this interface. It really needs to be used using DAW Direct Monitoring because the CPU demand at 48KHz and 128 Samples to get to bearable latency without direct monitoring results in CPU spikes and audio pops in the recording.    

So I am not sure that I will keep trying to use JamKazam because one needs a Premium subscription to use the settings I describe above and that still has the noise and time warp problems 25% of the time but not as bad as the Gold subscription which limits Bitrate to 256 Kbit/s and Packet rate to 200 Pkts/s. which has the noise and time warp problem 50% of the time.  And Free at the lowest bit and packet rate just do not work.  So what this is turning into is you get total frustration for free and very poor quality and no support for $240.00 a year.  Huh
(12-04-2020, 04:55 PM)David Stojakovich Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 10:30 PM)Guido Blues Wrote: Thanks for your feedback. I used the only available audio configuration that works. It sounds like a huge digital distortion
Regards
Guido
Hi David,
thanks for your extensive explanations.
I will try out some further options in the free version. If it doesn't work, I don't know whether to further invest.
Thanks again and have nice time
Guido
Wink
Hi Guido,  I think I am experiencing the same problem.  Actually two problems one is the static noise that comes and goes sometimes it stays for a few minutes then goes away for a few minutes.  The other is that something that impacts latency randomly swings the Audio back and forth in time.  At times the audio file I play as a backing track slows down, then at other times it speeds up faster than the bpm of the song.

I have tried settings changes on my Audio Interface Increased Sample Rate, Decrease Sample Rate against Increased Buffer Size and Decreased Buffer Size.  In combination with this I have tried various Audio Booster settings.  The settings in the attached picture seem to minimize the noise and time phasing but I still have noise and time phasing issues. Note: frame size at 1ms works best if your CPU can handle it. 

As far as Sample Rate using 48KHz and buffer size at 32 gets me a Latency of 2.4 ms one way with a round trip in JK of 4.7 ms with CPU usage rate that bounces between 3% and 8%  My CPU is Intel® Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, My Ram is 32GB...so I estimate that means I am using less than one full core and 4GB of ram.

My Interface is a Steinberg UR-RT4.  And the problem with it is that there is no clear guidance (from anyone including the manufacturer) on how to assure that direct monitoring is turned off with this interface. It really needs to be used using DAW Direct Monitoring because the CPU demand at 48KHz and 128 Samples to get to bearable latency without direct monitoring results in CPU spikes and audio pops in the recording.

So I am not sure that I will keep trying to use JamKazam because one needs a Premium subscription to use the settings I describe above and that still has the noise and time warp problems 25% of the time but not as bad as the Gold subscription which limits Bitrate to 256 Kbit/s and Packet rate to 200 Pkts/s. which has the noise and time warp problem 50% of the time.  And Free at the lowest bit and packet rate just do not work.  So what this is turning into is you get total frustration for free and very poor quality and no support for $240.00 a year.  Huh