• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 10 is recommended, or mandatory?
One of our jamming partners is using Win 7.    Others on the forum use Win 7, apparently successfully.  But the recommended windows OS is Win 10.  Is that just a suggestion for most people, to have fewest problems?
I know Win 7 is a security risk, as does our partner, but that's another matter.
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
(11-17-2020, 11:44 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: One of our jamming partners is using Win 7.    Others on the forum use Win 7, apparently successfully.  But the recommended windows OS is Win 10.  Is that just a suggestion for most people, to have fewest problems?
I know Win 7 is a security risk, as does our partner, but that's another matter.

>>>
7, 8, 10, all will 'work'.
Since you know about security, the stability might be of concern. W10 has proven rather solid, not just with/for JKz.

Also, since others use W7 (& W8), why ask if W10 is "mandatory"?
(11-18-2020, 02:47 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 11:44 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: One of our jamming partners is using Win 7.    Others on the forum use Win 7, apparently successfully.  But the recommended windows OS is Win 10.  Is that just a suggestion for most people, to have fewest problems?

>>>
7, 8, 10, all will 'work'.
Since you know about security, the stability might be of concern. W10 has proven rather solid, not just with/for JKz.

Also, since others use W7 (& W8), why ask if W10 is "mandatory"?

I was just trying to figure out if the mention of Windows 10 was intended to head off a barrage of support traffic or was just suggested because it happens to be the latest version of Windows.
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
>>>
This is what is displayed on the JKz downloads page:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
  • Windows 7, 8, or 10 - 64-bit (32-bit not supported)

• Dual core processor or higher

• 75MB hard disk space for app

• External audio interface recommended (but you can start with built-in mic and & headphone jack)

• USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, or Firewire (not USB 1.1) for external audio interfaces

• Ethernet port for real-time online sessions (WiFi not recommended)

• Broadband Internet service with 1Mbps uplink bandwidth for real-time online sessions