• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac OSX Big Sur
(11-19-2020, 10:08 AM)herman Wrote: I did upgrade my iMac with big-sur. Now issue with JK. After opening it demands to do update. Then I ended up in page that wanted my to download the JK app. And NO update in the download folder.
So cannot use JK.
Will now try to skip JK and re load JK again.

>>>
Just goto the website and download it manually.
Make sure what your download/save location is on your MAC (not necessarily 'Downloads')
Install the new version like if it was the first time you install a program.

https://www.jamkazam.com/downloads
(11-19-2020, 10:08 AM)herman Wrote: I did upgrade my iMac with big-sur. Now issue with JK. After opening it demands to do update. Then I ended up in page that wanted my to download the JK app. And NO update in the download folder.
So cannot use JK.
Taking JK fully of and reload the JK really helped. I got the 1.0.3728.dmg that brought me back into JK.
(11-19-2020, 01:08 PM)herman Wrote:
So cannot use JK.
Taking JK fully of and reload the JK really helped. I got the 1.0.3728.dmg that brought me back into JK.

>>>
Cool.
But "taking it off" / uninstalling was/is not necessary.
The downloaded package will upgrade the prior version.
(11-16-2020, 03:22 PM)farreln Wrote: Hello Jammers. Has anyone upgraded to the latest Mac OS - Big Sur? Any Jamkazam issues noted?

Thanks,
Norman
Hello. I'm having trouble with the app. I can log in , edit my profile and set up gear. But every time I attempt to open a session, the app crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleaned my Mac, and it continues to crash. It started before I update to Big Sur, I hoped updating would have fix the problem. But it did not.  Please advise.
Thank you. Matt Stahl
MacBook Pro 2015 ... updated to Big Sur (A couple of apps I am waiting for updates but all the main ones are just fine.

JK is terrific BUT I cannot use it as - it appears - there is a HUGE issue with adapters for ethernet/USB. NONE WORK!

And over Wifi lots of issues with timing.

No word so far from Apple

Lots of hints tips and tricks - I even dove into Terminal!

No luck I say so far but I doubt I am going to spend more time on this.

No ethernet ... no JK. As simple as that.
(12-01-2020, 11:19 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 10:36 PM)mose Wrote: MacBook Pro 2015 ... updated to Big Sur (A couple of apps I am waiting for updates but all the main ones are just fine.

JK is terrific BUT I cannot use it as - it appears - there is a HUGE issue with adapters for ethernet/USB. NONE WORK!

>>>
Running the same age MBP, running Big Sur and have no issues whatsoever with either ethernet adapter (Thunderbolt) or anything I plug into USB, including Behringer or Focusrite audio interfaces.

I do believe you have a local (and probably isolated) problem.

FYI - WiFi is just not done when doing audio production, esp. online. Too much noise/jitter resulting in higher latencies.

Interesting - the ethernet issues are mentioned all over Apple Forums and others ...

What adapter are you using? And I also have no issues with any Thunderbolt ot USB efficacy other than the ethernet adapter.

Could be this adapter but I have seem a few other makes listed that are not working and On the forums someone from apple says it is an issue.

Curious - make/model what are you using

And yep I know all about the wifi/vs wired not new to this rodeo. I did two albums working over the internet as far back aas '96. (HAving a T1 was pretty interesting back then!)

This adapter (MOBI LOCK USB Adapter)  worked fine pre Big Sur on ...

2015 MacBook Pro Retina two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port, an SDXC card slot and two Thunderbolt 2 ports 16 gig RAM and a %)) G SSD

Thanks in advance
(12-02-2020, 12:16 AM)mose Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 10:36 PM)mose Wrote: MacBook Pro 2015 ... updated to Big Sur (A couple of apps I am waiting for updates but all the main ones are just fine.

>>>
Running the same age MBP, running Big Sur and have no issues whatsoever with either ethernet adapter (Thunderbolt) or anything I plug into USB, including Behringer or Focusrite audio interfaces.

FYI - WiFi is just not done when doing audio production, esp. online. Too much noise/jitter resulting in higher latencies.

Interesting - the ethernet issues are mentioned all over Apple Forums and others ...

What adapter are you using? And I also have no issues with any Thunderbolt ot USB efficacy other than the ethernet adapter.

Could be this adapter but I have seem a few other makes listed that are not working and On the forums someone from apple says it is an issue.

And yep I know all about the wifi/vs wired not new to this rodeo. I did two albums working over the internet as far back aas '96. (HAving a T1 was pretty interesting back then!)

2015 MacBook Pro Retina two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port, an SDXC card slot and two Thunderbolt 2 ports 16 gig RAM and a %)) G SSD

Thanks in advance

>>>
Since my upgrade to macOS11 went smooth and fast I didn't realize there are seemingly that many issues for I guess 'less lucky' users.

Anyway, I use a very cheap Chinese Apple clone Thunderbolt -> RJ45 adapter which functions without any issues pre-through-after the move to macOS11.

I did a quick google and on discussions.apple.com there are several reports from people that have (found) usb -> eth that do work for them. (if you need to use usb)

As I understand it is a driver vs security policy issue (kext) that could possibly be remedied by doing some manual work on the command line. This could be make/mfg specific though. (I really didn't get into it too deep, but these are recent threads)
(12-02-2020, 10:17 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 12:16 AM)mose Wrote:

>>>

Thanks in advance

>>>
Since my upgrade to macOS11 went smooth and fast I didn't realize there are seemingly that many issues for I guess 'less lucky' users.

Anyway, I use a very cheap Chinese Apple clone Thunderbolt -> RJ45 adapter which functions without any issues pre-through-after the move to macOS11.

I did a quick google and on discussions.apple.com there are several reports from people that have (found) usb -> eth that do work for them. (if you need to use usb)

As I understand it is a driver vs security policy issue (kext) that could possibly be remedied by doing some manual work on the command line. This could be make/mfg specific though. (I really didn't get into it too deep, but these are recent threads)

well hang on!  

I am using Ethernet to USB. If I understand you have Ethernet to Thunderbolt?

worth a try!

Also I did go into Terminal and disable SIP. And something else (can’t remember the acronym not at my desk)

will try to see if there is a Thunderbolt adapter available.
OK update ... I ordered a new USB to ethernet adapter from Amazon. It is a Cable MAtters USB 3.0 to Ethernet

Works like a charm!!!!

It was the old adapter that did NOT work.

Thanks all... on to JmmKazoooooing!!!
(12-10-2020, 12:28 AM)mose Wrote: OK update ... I ordered a new USB to ethernet adapter from Amazon. It is a Cable MAtters USB 3.0 to Ethernet

Works like a charm!!!!

It was the old adapter that did NOT work.

Thanks all... on to JmmKazoooooing!!!
>>>
Cool! Thanks for the update.
Enjoy!
D./