• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UM2 and audio issue
I am trying to use JamKazam with a Behringer UM2 audio interface.  I am using a Windows PC and have installed the driver.  When using the "direct monitor" setting, I can hear my guitar and vocals, but not getting sound in my headphones with direct monitor off.  Also, another person on JK cannot hear me.  I also get a bit of crackling in my headphones when I speak into the mid.  Can anyone help?
(10-30-2020, 09:17 PM)manilatom Wrote: I am trying to use JamKazam with a Behringer UM2 audio interface.  I am using a Windows PC and have installed the driver.  When using the "direct monitor" setting, I can hear my guitar and vocals, but not getting sound in my headphones with direct monitor off.  Also, another person on JK cannot hear me.  I also get a bit of crackling in my headphones when I speak into the mid.  Can anyone help?

>>>
'direct monitoring' or 'local monitoring' should be turned OFF when using Jamkazam (or the likes)

When not in a session, you will NOT hear yourself through your audio interface/sound card.
When you don't hear yourself when in a (solo) session, it is possibly a cable/connection or configuration issue.
Other jammers not hearing you (and v.v.) is an issue that occurs. No permanent solution ATM but to try again.

Crackling & pops are usually caused by too challenging settings for your eqpt/PC. Try tuning frames/buffers/etc. down to remedy.
Thanks Dimitri.

You note that not hearing myself while in session may possibly be due to "configuration" issue.  Can you be more specific?

Thanks again.

Tom
(12-15-2020, 09:35 PM)manilatom Wrote: Thanks Dimitri.

You note that not hearing myself while in session may possibly be due to "configuration" issue.  Can you be more specific?

Thanks again.

Tom
>>>
Tom, more info is needed to give you proper support.

What and how did you configure your audio interface in JKz.? (e.g. channels I/O)
How is your eqpt connected?

Can you hear other jammers when in a session?

Depending on your timezone there is a fellow user on this forum and the FB-group who organizes tech/test sessions on a regular basis. His forum name is 'Terles'.
Tom, can you hear yourself in a Private (solo) session with the Direct Monitor turned to the off position? If not, then as Dimitri indicated, your audio setup is
incorrect, or you have a bad mic/headphones/cable/interface,etc. (likely the former though). As a start, I would suggest deleting your audio gear profile and go through the process of adding it again, following the instructions found here: https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/s...6000123617
(12-16-2020, 01:21 PM)Terles Wrote: Tom, can you hear yourself in a Private (solo) session with the Direct Monitor turned to the off position?  If not, then as Dimitri indicated, your audio setup is 
incorrect, or you have a bad mic/headphones/cable/interface,etc. (likely the former though).  As a start, I would suggest deleting your audio gear profile and go through the process of adding it again, following the instructions found here: https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/s...6000123617

Thanks!  I canNOT hear myself with direct monitoring OFF while in either private session or session with another person.  Only hear myself with direct monitoring ON and not in session.

I don't think there's an issue with my gear (e.g. UM2, cables, mic, etc) as it's all new with the exception of the laptop.  I will try deleting my gear profile and adding it again as you suggested.  I will check out the video link you provided for help in doing that.

One other question:  Behringer strongly recommended using the ISO4ALL driver even though some things I've seen say that it's unnecessary with Windows 10.  Your take on this?

Finally:  do you know if I have access to JK tech support (e.g. email, phone call) aside from this chat forum?  I have subscribed to the Gold premium plan.

Thanks again.

Tom
(12-16-2020, 11:38 PM)manilatom Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 01:21 PM)Terles Wrote: Tom, can you hear yourself in a Private (solo) session with the Direct Monitor turned to the off position?  If not, then as Dimitri indicated, your audio setup is 
incorrect, or you have a bad mic/headphones/cable/interface,etc. (likely the former though).  As a start, I would suggest deleting your audio gear profile and go through the process of adding it again, following the instructions found here: https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/s...6000123617

Thanks!  I canNOT hear myself with direct monitoring OFF while in either private session or session with another person.  Only hear myself with direct monitoring ON and not in session.

I don't think there's an issue with my gear (e.g. UM2, cables, mic, etc) as it's all new with the exception of the laptop.  I will try deleting my gear profile and adding it again as you suggested.  I will check out the video link you provided for help in doing that.

One other question:  Behringer strongly recommended using the ISO4ALL driver even though some things I've seen say that it's unnecessary with Windows 10.  Your take on this?

Finally:  do you know if I have access to JK tech support (e.g. email, phone call) aside from this chat forum?  I have subscribed to the Gold premium plan.

Thanks again.

Tom

I could not get the UM2 to work at all with Jamkazam under Windows 10 using the ASIO4ALL driver.  Jamkazam pointed me to an earlier version of the driver which worked.  The link is here:  https://jamkazam-repo.s3.amazonaws.com/UM2.zip
(12-17-2020, 01:52 AM)Christopher B Wrote:

Thanks again.

Tom

I could not get the UM2 to work at all with Jamkazam under Windows 10 using the ASIO4ALL driver.  Jamkazam pointed me to an earlier version of the driver which worked.  The link is here:  https://jamkazam-repo.s3.amazonaws.com/UM2.zip
Much thanks.  I am trying all options.
Christopher is correct - do not use ASIO4ALL, but rather the driver he indicated. If you still have problems after following the link I sent, let me know & we can arrange to meet over phone where I can talk you through it.
(12-17-2020, 01:52 AM)Christopher B Wrote:

Thanks again.

Tom

Contact support at: support@Jamkazam.com