• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sample rates
I keep getting a sample rate error that they don't match (19200 vs 44100) even when I say "match".  My latency is only fair, yet, I'm configured correctly, running off an Ethernet and high speed internet.   I'm running a MAC OS on a MacBook Pro, Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. 
Help, please.
(08-30-2020, 06:33 PM)sweat Wrote: I keep getting a sample rate error that they don't match (19200 vs 44100) even when I say "match".  My latency is only fair, yet, I'm configured correctly, running off an Ethernet and high speed internet.   I'm running a MAC OS on a MacBook Pro, Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. 
Help, please.
Focusrite uses A to D converters that work at 19200  .... so you are better to use an exact division of that - 48000 (rather than 44100) .... but There are lots of posts here that say ‘96000 is the best for Focusrite’ .... and that is where I set mine.
(08-30-2020, 06:33 PM)sweat Wrote: I keep getting a sample rate error that they don't match (19200 vs 44100) even when I say "match".  My latency is only fair, yet, I'm configured correctly, running off an Ethernet and high speed internet.   I'm running a MAC OS on a MacBook Pro, Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. 
Help, please.
>>>
Did you install the Focusrite Control software and check the sample rate setting of your 2i2?

48k is basically where you would want to be with your sample rates. However several jammers reported success with a 2i2 at 96k.
(08-30-2020, 06:48 PM)Chris Frost Wrote:
Help, please.
Focusrite uses A to D converters that work at 19200  .... so you are better to use an exact division of that - 48000 (rather than 44100) .... but There are lots of posts here that say ‘96000 is the best for Focusrite’ .... and that is where I set mine.
Thanks, and I don't even know how to set that-- advice?
(08-30-2020, 09:19 PM)sweat Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 06:48 PM)Chris Frost Wrote:
Help, please.
Thanks, and I don't even know how to set that-- advice?
Oh - sorry .... Focusrite control app ..... when you in install the Focusrite ASIO driver, it also installs the control app ... you run that and it gives you a dialog box where you can set the sample rate.

Try 48k and 96k .... and see what latency you get.  You might also try different buffer sizes.  ... just keep going until you get the lowest latency reported.
Not sure ASIO drivers exist for mac (not sure they don't either, but I haven't found any way to set this while my Windows pals can). So I'll repost this from a different thread that applies specifically to Scarlett 2i2 on a mac, or at least to a new mac mini. If I interpreted Focusrite's response to me correctly frame size is similar to buffer size.

I have managed to get to a much better 4.2ms gear latency in a solo session using the following settings: Sample rate 96Khz. Set this via the focusrite control software. click on the little gear symbol at the top left after you start the control software and you will see that sample rate is basically the only thing you can change. I tried them all and 96K works best. Set frame size at 1 via the JamKazam "manage" menu item at the top left (must be in session).