• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK Client Not Responding Win10
I had JK 1.03794 installed and running fine some months ago and I was able to jam.
I tried to open  JK yesterday and it wouldn't open (Client Not Responding)

I decided to uninstall JK and reinstall the latest version 1.03843
I still get the same  Client Not Responding message.
I have disabled Norton
I'm running Win 10Pro 64bit
on an intel i7-2600 running at 3.4GHz
I have  12 Gig of Memory
I have auto updates on for Windows, so I'm on the latest version.

What's my next step?
(08-30-2020, 05:31 PM)msantarc Wrote: I had JK 1.03794 installed and running fine some months ago and I was able to jam.
I tried to open  JK yesterday and it wouldn't open (Client Not Responding)

I decided to uninstall JK and reinstall the latest version 1.03843
I still get the same  Client Not Responding message.
I have disabled Norton
I'm running Win 10Pro 64bit
on an intel i7-2600 running at 3.4GHz
I have  12 Gig of Memory
I have auto updates on for Windows, so I'm on the latest version.

What's my next step?
JK should have upgraded automatically to 3843 when you attempted to run it .... you would definitely not have been able to use the older version.  There are two elements to the installation - a ‘service’ and the client ... I wonder if the old ‘service’ is still running??? ... use Windows task manager (<ctrl> <Alt> <Delelete>)  ... or its is sometimes available off the toolbar.... look for and close any ‘JamKazam anything’ - then try again.
I looked through all three areas in Task manager (Apps, Background Processes and Windows Processes) there is nothing related to Jamkazam in there.
I don't think I'm getting far enough into JK for it to check the version (at least there is no indication that a check is being done).
As soon as I launch the app, I get a large dialog box saying "JamKazam Not Responding" then a smaller dialog saying"JamKazam Client Not Responding".
I'm at a loss as to what to do next. (everything else on my system works fine).
My audio interface is a Presonus StudioLive AR8, but I've tried to launch JK with it connected and with it disconnected (USB) and got the same result.