• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App Won't Install
I have tried installing the app several times on Windows 10 Pro and it will not install.  The installation windows comes up and says it is preparing to install, but it never does. Any suggestions? 

Thanks,
Mike
(08-26-2020, 12:27 AM)MPC3 Wrote: I have tried installing the app several times on Windows 10 Pro and it will not install.  The installation windows comes up and says it is preparing to install, but it never does. Any suggestions? 

Thanks,
Mike
I've seen a couple of threads on this so posting the same note on each...

Not sure it's a universal solution but I was able to resolve (finally) by updating my BIOS.  I have a home grown machine and apparently didn't check the right box when it was first turned on so no auto update.  Once I went through that process (with some Google level guidance), updated Windows 10 and reinstalled JamKazam everything was happy.

Hope this helps - 

Best
>>>
Two things (both discussed at length)

Make sure you are allowing 'third party download/install locations'. Meaning allowing stuff not coming from the MS app store or from an 'MS approved' developer to be installed on your machine.
Also, after the above is setup correct, keep an eye out for the popup window asking you to allow the installer to make changes to your harddisk, so the installation may proceed.
I have a similar problem.

After whitelisting in my antivirus software and allowing downloads in windows security I could get a step further but still get a message saying that windows couldn't open the installer. Suggests checking with the provider that it is a verified windows installer.
(10-04-2020, 09:17 AM)robrobson Wrote: I have a similar problem.

After whitelisting in my antivirus software and allowing downloads in windows security I could get a step further but still get a message saying that windows couldn't open the installer. Suggests checking with the provider that it is a verified windows installer.
Yes I have this problem too. What is the solution?
(11-08-2020, 12:31 PM)wiml Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 09:17 AM)robrobson Wrote: I have a similar problem.

Yes I have this problem too. What is the solution?

>>>
'right-click' the installer (*.msi) -> choose 'open' -> ignore the warnings -> install anyway (read the exact instructions on your screen)