• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABLETON as INPUT ??
Hi All,

I'm using a masterkeyboard (M-AUDIO AXIOM 61 2nd gen) connected to a Scarlett Focursite (2i4) (via MIDI) connected to PC (via USB) running Ableton for generating sounds (Hammond or Piano for examples).

Making the set-up Jamkazam backs to me a good latency (about 11ms) and makes me finalized the configuration. 

Actually,the signal doesn't arrive to Jamkazam (I cannot see the green bars light on) and the Others on network cannot hear my playing. (I hear myself from Focursite, but this is normal …) 

I have thought about this and I have considered that MAYBE  the signal as input to jamkazam should arrive directly from the DAW (Ableton) … I mean: why the signal should goes before from Masterkeyboard to Focursite to Ableton and again to the Focursite and then comes back to Jamkazam? 

If I'm right, How can I configure the input in Jamkazam arriving from Ableton?
If I'm wrong, what I have to do, to work-out my problem, and start playing with someone before the ending of COVID 19 Emergency  Smile 

THANKS A LOT for helping me!!!!  (If I have to buy some more appliances, it's not a problem, but which ones?)

Ciao
Luca
(04-02-2020, 11:07 PM)lucabat Wrote: Hi All,

I'm using a masterkeyboard (M-AUDIO AXIOM 61 2nd gen) connected to a Scarlett Focursite (2i4) (via MIDI) connected to PC (via USB) running Ableton for generating sounds (Hammond or Piano for examples).

Making the set-up Jamkazam backs to me a good latency (about 11ms) and makes me finalized the configuration. 

Actually,the signal doesn't arrive to Jamkazam (I cannot see the green bars light on) and the Others on network cannot hear my playing. (I hear myself from Focursite, but this is normal …) 

I have thought about this and I have considered that MAYBE  the signal as input to jamkazam should arrive directly from the DAW (Ableton) … I mean: why the signal should goes before from Masterkeyboard to Focursite to Ableton and again to the Focursite and then comes back to Jamkazam? 

If I'm wrong, what I have to do, to work-out my problem, and start playing with someone before the ending of COVID 19 Emergency  Smile 

THANKS A LOT for helping me!!!!  (If I have to buy some more appliances, it's not a problem, but which ones?)

Ciao
Luca

Hi Luca,

Before you helped me with my latency problem, I had a different one which sounds similar to yours. As we both know in the meantime, we are both using Focusrite devices. I could not get an input signal from the Focusrite device - neither on Ableton nor JamKazam.

I reached out to the Focusrite support team by chat and they asked me to uninstall the standard Windows Driver and then they sent me a link to a different one. I installed that new driver and it fixed my input problems. Unfortunately, I don't have the link (they are supposed to send me an e-mail, but didn't (yet)).

So, your problem may be a driver problem, which the Focusrite support team can fix in a few minutes.

Don't wait too long to reach out to them - they are unavailable on weekends ;-)

Good luck!

Anton
(04-02-2020, 11:27 PM)Anton_G. Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:07 PM)lucabat Wrote: Hi All,

Ciao
Luca

Hi Luca,

Before you helped me with my latency problem, I had a different one which sounds similar to yours. As we both know in the meantime, we are both using Focusrite devices. I could not get an input signal from the Focusrite device - neither on Ableton nor JamKazam.

I reached out to the Focusrite support team by chat and they asked me to uninstall the standard Windows Driver and then they sent me a link to a different one. I installed that new driver and it fixed my input problems. Unfortunately, I don't have the link (they are supposed to send me an e-mail, but didn't (yet)).

So, your problem may be a driver problem, which the Focusrite support team can fix in a few minutes.

Good luck!

Anton
Hi Anton,

Thank you so much, I'm going to write to focursite support team immediately! 

I let you know! Smile 

Hope to play together soon! 

Thanks again!
Ciao
Luca
Thumbs Up 
(04-02-2020, 11:34 PM)lucabatI I Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:27 PM)Anton_G.I Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:07 PM)lucabat Wrote: Hi All,youI'm using a masterkeyboard (M-AUDIO AXIOM 61 2nd gen) connected to a Scarlett Focursite (2i4) (via MIDI) connected to PC (via USB) running Ableton for generating sounds (Hammond or Piano for examples).

Ciao
Luca

Hi Luca,

Good luck!

Anton
Hi Anton,

Thank you so much, I'm going to write to focursite support team immediately! 

I let you know! Smile 

Hope to play together soon! 

Thanks again!
Ciao
Luca
I don't think it is the Focusrite, folks.... I am using a Midas MR18 and am having the same problem - and it is ticking me off. lol