• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Application
I'm on OpenSuse 15.0. run.sh gives me this error message:
./JamKazam: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by ./JamKazam)
./JamKazam: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by /home/graham/Documents/projects/jamkazam/jk_linux/libs/libmp3lame.so.0)

I am reluctant to start a wild goose chase through a dependency list of unknown length so: Is there a recommended distribution that has all the right dependencies already in it please?
(01-22-2021, 12:54 PM)graham Wrote: I'm on OpenSuse 15.0. run.sh gives me this error message:
./JamKazam: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by ./JamKazam)
./JamKazam: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by /home/graham/Documents/projects/jamkazam/jk_linux/libs/libmp3lame.so.0)

I am reluctant to start a wild goose chase through a dependency list of unknown length so: Is there a recommended distribution that has all the right dependencies already in it please?
>>>
Any particular reason you're not on Leap 15.2?

The people at glibc are generally very careful to provide backwards compatibility and there has been a Leap 15 - 2.27 RPM on pbone for some time.
The deps list doesn't look too scary. (and you can always roll back)

Just for my information. Would you go through a 'new' OS install just to solve this dep?
(01-22-2021, 05:13 PM).Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 12:54 PM)graham Wrote: I'm on OpenSuse 15.0. run.sh gives me this error message:

>>>
Any particular reason you're not on Leap 15.2?

The people at glibc are generally very careful to provide backwards compatibility and there has been a Leap 15 - 2.27 RPM on pbone for some time.
The deps list doesn't look too scary. (and you can always roll back)

Just for my information. Would you go through a 'new' OS install just to solve this dep?
I am usually very slow to upgrade software. Have sometimes experienced things getting broken by an upgrade and sometimes have just hated the change of behaviour of an application. So I don't actively seek out upgrades. But I will have a look at 15.2 and maybe apply it.

So I would be safe to install glibc 2.27? I am close to fini$ng a sizeable Qt programming project and would be devastated if something broke the IDE or the project code. There's a deps list? Where is that?

Yes, I have just partitioned my Windows 8.1 HD in half to make space to install the latest Ubuntu which I assume will have most of the right packages. But I have not installed it yet. Apart from the dependency question there is the issue of whether the Linux version works satisfactorily. My reasoning is that there would be little point in big changes to my current working environment if in the end I prefer to carry on using the Windows version.
(12-27-2020, 10:33 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 12:09 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 04:15 PM)emma Wrote: Thank you. 

I am really glad Jamkazam has made some advances toward a Linux version.  I think JamKazam is the right design based on what I have read; and it should get better and support bigger ensembles as people upgrade to Gigabit FTTP broadband (gigabit Internet circuits on optical fibre to the premises) and faster CPUs.
Faster computers and Internet service are only a small part of the equation. Most folks have enough of both already. End-to-end latency is the biggest problem we have. Some of this is local Lan-based (router congestion due to buffer bloat). The rest is just congested Internet routers and traffic. If you happen to be geographically close to one of JK's 100 or so servers and switch from p2p to groupcasting you may get some relief in that instance.

Where are the JK servers?
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
I am still stuck because I do not have glibc-2.7 installed. Even upgrading to Opensuse 15.2 is not going to install that version it's still version 2.6 as far as I can tell. Is it possible to do another release and include all the right libraries locally and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH (as you have done with so many other libs)?
>>>
Hi Graham, just assuming you mean 2.26 & 2.27 ...

http://rpm.pbone.net/info_idpl_55698432_...4.rpm.html

Take it from there. Shouldn't be too crazy on deps.
(02-06-2021, 08:33 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>

Take it from there. Shouldn't be too crazy on deps. But ...

I'm a little worried about the "as far as I can tell" - why would you not know for sure? (Leap 15.2 also has glibc 2.26 per the release - they are rather slow)
I downloaded the glibc 2.7 rpm and tried to install it but it gave me some dangerous looking warnings that scared me enough that I didn't proceed with it. I could try it again and copy the warnings here if you think you could help me with it. I don't know enough about this subject to be able to predict the consequences.
Thank you for responding.
(02-06-2021, 09:06 PM)graham Wrote:

I'm a little worried about the "as far as I can tell" - why would you not know for sure? (Leap 15.2 also has glibc 2.26 per the release - they are rather slow)
I downloaded the glibc 2.7 rpm and tried to install it but it gave me some dangerous looking warnings that scared me enough that I didn't proceed with it. I could try it again and copy the warnings here if you think you could help me with it. I don't know enough about this subject to be able to predict the consequences.

>>>
Again, assuming you mean 2.27 ??!!

How 'scary' can Linux get?
(02-06-2021, 11:11 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

Here is the scary bit    
And yes I mean 2.27 my apologies for the typo.
(02-07-2021, 08:36 AM)graham Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 11:11 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

Here is the scary bit
And yes I mean 2.27 my apologies for the typo.

>>>
Nothing scary there ... .
Since you're playing with internet/p2p/audio-sw on the box, I assume it's not a heavily involved production environment(?)

Of course I don't know how actively your Suse box is involved in 'controlling' your network environment (running NIS/LDAP?), but many can do without Name Service Caching just fine. If you don't know, just manually stop the service and see what gives ... . (is it even running?)
Apart from that, did you try to resolve the issue with a newer version of nscd? (might you indeed need it on that box)
E.g. Leap 15.2 has a newer version of that package.

Are you comfortable enough in Linux to go beyond 'clicking in the GUI?'

Anything 'alarming' in the "141 more..." ?