• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I Mute?
Try toggling the "Direct Monitoring" switch on your Focusrite
Raychew, I don't follow your suggestion. How does direct monitoring act as a Mute?
(07-05-2020, 02:46 PM)GDJ Wrote: Raychew, I don't follow your suggestion. How does direct monitoring act as a Mute?

If I understand @paulfbass correctly, he wants to be able to mute his feed to the session but still hear himself play along. When he mutes in JamKazam, he won't be able to hear himself play because the audio is routed through their platform. Enabling the direct monitor will allow him to hear himself through the audio interface. Pretty sure this will work.
Gotthca! thanks.. yes a great way to monitor your own signal path while muted in JK. Thanks for explaining Smile
raychew - I think you have the answer! Thanks. I am JamKazaming with the guys this weekend, so I will let you know. Thanks again
(07-06-2020, 08:52 PM)paulfbass Wrote: raychew - I think you have the answer! Thanks. I am JamKazaming with the guys this weekend, so I will let you know. Thanks again

Please do, I'm curious if that will be your answer.
raychew - Your suggestion worked. Thank you.
Just to clarify:

When I over over the speaker icon, I see text that indicates that this is only affecting my monitor.

However, evidently muting on my channels affects my monitor AND my send. So the comment only applies to the slider but not the mute checkbox (for my channels).

Is that correct?

If so, it makes sense. It's too bad the comments aren't clearer about that, but I'd have a hard time improving it. Perhaps an extra sentence, only when the popup is shown for my channels: "Muting your channels affects both what you send and what you hear."
@JeffLearman

Actually, that is a good point. I didn't even think about that. I believe the mute function only applies to the personal mix. Therefore, the rest of the band would have to mute @paulfbass which would render my "solution" unnecessary.

I'll try to test that out soon and report back.

Ray
Hi Ray. I just joined a JK Open session and did as you suggested. There were two guys there just talking, so I connected my mic to my Focusrite, muted it from my end and asked the guys if they could hear me. They didn't respond, so I assume they could not. I turned on "Direct Monitor" and could hear myself. This is exactly what I was trying to do, so again, thanks -Paul