• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen - high latency after SW upgrade to 3.6.0
Hey guys, just thought I'd mention I was having this same problem and tried everything to no avail. What eventually solved it was to completely uninstall the Focusrite software and drivers and do a clean reinstall. Went from 20ms latency to under 4ms. I installed the same version because Focusrite only shows the newest version on their website, but it seems to have resolved the issue. Not sure why, but not complaining. Software version 3.6, Driver version 4.65.5
(06-06-2020, 02:19 PM)dcp121 Wrote: Hey guys, just thought I'd mention I was having this same problem and  tried everything to no avail. What eventually solved it was to completely uninstall the Focusrite software and drivers and do a clean reinstall. Went from 20ms latency to under 4ms. I installed the same version because Focusrite only shows the newest version on their website, but it seems to have resolved the issue. Not sure why, but not complaining. Software version 3.6, Driver version 4.65.5

Gentlemen:

Having the same issues.  Tried the reinstall....no difference.  Finally just uninstalled the focusrite driver and went with the windows (wdm) driver.  Latency improved to 10ms.  Haven't tried it online yet, just getting set up.  Peter from JK provided the following response to my problem:

Some Focusrite devices have a history of challenge with JamKazam because of the audio driver - unstable IO, high latency etc. For these issues, please reach out to Focusrite directly. Some of their technologists use JamKazam so they should be able to provide support. If all else fails, we recommend the Behringer UMC204HD. It works really well.
Best
Peter

Swapping out for the Berringer is my next course of action if this doesn't work live.

Bob Mitchell (Squeezer Geezer)
(06-06-2020, 02:19 PM)dcp121 Wrote: Hey guys, just thought I'd mention I was having this same problem and  tried everything to no avail. What eventually solved it was to completely uninstall the Focusrite software and drivers and do a clean reinstall. Went from 20ms latency to under 4ms. I installed the same version because Focusrite only shows the newest version on their website, but it seems to have resolved the issue. Not sure why, but not complaining. Software version 3.6, Driver version 4.65.5

Is this on a PC or MAC? I have the same problem on PC. What order did you do the reinstall?
(06-05-2020, 08:23 PM)Heathcliff_wh Wrote: Hi,
somehow I don't get along with the support site because I can't find any other SW than 3.6.0. This afternoon the Focusrite support did also not mention there was a SW newer than 3.6.0.
I'm fed up with this equipment, it goes back.
I looked at the interface list and I think I will try my luck with the Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD. It seems not to be as elegant and sophisticated as the scarlett 2i2, but it should work at least.

But I want to thank you both for your help
  WINDOWS: USB DRIVER 4.65.5 is under Scarlett 2i2 (NOT Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen). I had to download this version and set the sample rate to 96K to get my 2i2 gen3 to work.  Smile
(06-13-2020, 03:29 PM)precfab Wrote:
somehow I don't get along with the support site because I can't find any other SW than 3.6.0. This afternoon the Focusrite support did also not mention there was a SW newer than 3.6.0.
I looked at the interface list and I think I will try my luck with the Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD. It seems not to be as elegant and sophisticated as the scarlett 2i2, but it should work at least.

WINDOWS: USB DRIVER 4.65.5 is under Scarlett 2i2 (NOT Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen). I had to download this version and set the sample rate to 96K to get my 2i2 gen3 to work.  Smile
Thanks precfab! I had exactly the same problem. This was the solution to get past the excessive audio latency problem. Both audio driver and sample rate to 96K are needed, 48K was no go.
(06-13-2020, 03:29 PM)precfab Wrote:

I tried this and it worked. Latency before was over 80 mbs.  Now it's 11.5 mbs.  Thanks!
I helped a friend get their new 2i2 Gen3 up and running this week on a MAC using the 3.6.0 driver. They are getting 4.7ms audio interface latency at 1ms Audio Framesize (/Manage/Audio Settings/Audio Booster/AudioFramesize).

The trick that made it work - before you start JAMKAZAM run the Focusrite Control Panel application that is installed at the same time you install the driver package. It is a separate app that provides configuration controls for the focusrite interface. It seems to enable Jamkazam to work more efficiently with the drivers. You have to run it first, before you start JK - everytime!

Try that and see if it helps.

By the way - they are getting great sound. The microphone preamp, with the AIR feature turned on for the vocal mic, sounds terrific.