JamKazam Forums
Audio interface recommendations? - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Audio Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Audio interface recommendations? (/showthread.php?tid=872)

Pages: 1 2 3

Audio interface recommendations? - mhholmes - 05-18-2020

I'm in a vocal quartet, and we'd like to purchase 4 audio interfaces, preferably all the same, to use with JamKazam. Two of us have Macs and 2 have Windows PCs. We'd like to keep it under $200 each if possible. Any recommendations? We're considering the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, but are looking for any recommendations.

Thanks!

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - Hans Peter Augustesen - 05-18-2020

Most easy - for us all - is to use the search function

Search for example - audio interface - list - and similar

or just look around

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - G-ManMusic - 05-19-2020

The scarlett is a good choice but also look into the Motu M2. A couple of my band mates use them and they sound and work great.

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - Hans Peter Augustesen - 05-19-2020

it is not easy to say something precise about that Scarlett 2i2

We dont know if it is generation 2 or 3.

Or 1 - if there is such a thing

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - mhholmes - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 12:48 AM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: it is not easy to say something precise about that Scarlett 2i2

We dont know if it is generation 2 or 3.

Or 1 - if there is such a thing
What we're looking at is purchasing new, so these would be gen. 3

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - Hans Peter Augustesen - 05-19-2020

Yes, of course.

But good to know precisely.

And that we do now

Well - I was sort of hoping it was 2th Gen.

Then I could recommend it.

But I know nothing about 3th Gen

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - mhholmes - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 12:36 AM)G-ManMusic Wrote: The scarlett is a good choice but also look into the Motu M2. A couple of my band mates use them and they sound and work great.
Thanks! Do you know if your band mates are using Windows or MacOS?

(05-19-2020, 03:40 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Yes, of course.

And that we do now

OK, thanks!

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - G-ManMusic - 05-20-2020

(05-19-2020, 09:05 PM)mhholmes Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 12:36 AM)G-ManMusic Wrote: The scarlett is a good choice but also look into the Motu M2. A couple of my band mates use them and they sound and work great.
Thanks! Do you know if your band mates are using Windows or MacOS?

(05-19-2020, 03:40 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Yes, of course.

And that we do now

OK, thanks!
They're using both Mac/Win

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - Zlartibartfast - 05-20-2020

Going forward, I will only recommend Mark of the Unicorn for a cross-platform interface. I have not been thrilled with Focusrite at the lower end of their line (I have 2 Saffire units that work well, but they are Firewire, dead technology).

I have a friend with a MS Surface/Win 10 using a Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen; her latency is 5x higher than mine (she has to use a USB hub)

I recently bought a MOTU Audio Express that is outperforming everything I have ever used before, except for M-Audio Delta 1010 in a custom-built PC (that rig was a lot of work to configure!). The MOTU has only 1ms higher latency, using a USB connection to my MacBook Air

As long as you're not trying to run more than say 6 channels in/out, then USB 2 is fast enough, and almost everything in use today has USB 2 support

RE: Audio interface recommendations? - Cyril - 05-21-2020

(05-18-2020, 10:57 PM)mhholmes Wrote: I'm in a vocal quartet, and we'd like to purchase 4 audio interfaces, preferably all the same, to use with JamKazam. Two of us have Macs and 2 have Windows PCs. We'd like to keep it under $200 each if possible. Any recommendations? We're considering the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, but are looking for any recommendations.

Thanks!
If you are only going to do vocal, all you need is a USB microphone with a headphone jack. I recommend FiFine K670 on Amazon for $60. It really is "plug and play". I am using a USB mike, myself, for playing flute in a group. You don't need an audio interface unless you want to plug in an electronic instrument, such as a guitar or keyboard, in addition to a microphone. -- Cyril Penn