JamKazam Forums
App doesn't open win 10 - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: App doesn't open win 10 (/showthread.php?tid=583)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - HellKiller - 05-05-2020

Yeah, I don't quite get why it installs in the x86 program directory if it is 64 bit.

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - MattBarr - 05-11-2020

(05-05-2020, 06:32 PM)jonrey100 Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 09:13 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: There's a new version of the Windows JamKazam client today - maybe that will help.
I've had consistent problems with the Windows JamKazam app.

1) When I install the app, I get an error message saying "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Please contact your support personnel or package vendor." This happened on several previous versions, and happened today with version 1.0.3709.

2) Supposedly this version is a 64 bit version. It installs in the 32 bit subdirectory Program Files (x86). The install page says specifically that this version is 64 bit only, and should install in the "Program Files" subdirectory.

Any help with this would be great.
I've installed JamKazam on two W10 Pro 64-bit systems, one a home brewed desktop, the other a purchased HP laptop. With default installation options there haven't been any client installation issues, initial or auto update. In both cases it installed in Program Files (86), this is not uncommon in general and is apparently normal for JamKazam.

That's a troubling DLL problem with the installer, too bad the error message doesn't identify a specific DLL. It seems like reinstalling and updating Windows would fix this, but that can be a disruptive and time consuming fix to say the least.

This web page for a different application has suggestions regarding this specific installation problem, most of it is general in nature and may help you. They also have a suggestion for creating an installation log that you should easily be able to adapt to JamKazam, the log may contain useful information.

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560999-Error-%22There-is-a-problem-with-this-Windows-Installer-package-A-DLL-required-for-this-install-to-complete-could-not-be-run-Contact-your-support-personnel-or-package-vendor%22

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - swataz - 05-15-2020

KernelBase.DLL is the specific DLL I and others have had issues with.

If anyone has a previous (older) install file they'd like to share in hopes it may work, that would be great.

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - ltroiani@gmail.com - 05-25-2020

Update 5/25 - I've decided to give it a try and reinstall windows 10 on my computer. After the re-install was complete, first thing I did was to install JK. I opened the app and was happy that my problem was fixed. (drum roll)
Then I installed my Line6 Spider V driver. A few hours later I tried to join my first session. JK was up and running, the amp was connected and the line6 app was running on my PC. 
On JK I went to setup my audio and the app crashed. The app never opened up again after this.

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - HellKiller - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 06:46 PM)ltroiani@gmail.com Wrote: Update 5/25 - I've decided to give it a try and reinstall windows 10 on my computer. After the re-install was complete, first thing I did was to install JK. I opened the app and was happy that my problem was fixed. (drum roll)
Then I installed my Line6 Spider V driver. A few hours later I tried to join my first session. JK was up and running, the amp was connected and the line6 app was running on my PC. 
On JK I went to setup my audio and the app crashed. The app never opened up again after this.

Did you ever try Asio4all drivers?

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - phillyjazz - 05-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 01:52 AM)ltroiani@gmail.com Wrote: The app isn't coming up after I double click on it. I can see it appearing on Windows task manager momentarily, but it goes away after a few seconds.
I've installed the client a few days ago, and never saw it running. I've reinstalled it, reset all my internet settings, disabled the firewall, updated Java, rebooted many times. Nothing seems to fix the problem.
Anybody have the same issues? Any ideas that I haven't tried?
I finally figured it out on my desktop.  First, I had to uninstall ASIO4ALL which I was not using.  THEN I found I had some MAGIX "sound cleaner" software that had drivers JamKazam was trying to invoke. 
I have no idea why the client was trying to load these insteads of my Focusrite ASIO drivers, but once I uninstalled the oddball ones JamKazam client magically appeared on my screen instead of sitting in memory, inaccessible.    Hope this helps.

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - Messias Barreiros - 07-30-2020

(05-26-2020, 06:19 PM)phillyjazz Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 01:52 AM)ltroiani@gmail.com Wrote: The app isn't coming up after I double click on it. I can see it appearing on Windows task manager momentarily, but it goes away after a few seconds.
I've installed the client a few days ago, and never saw it running. I've reinstalled it, reset all my internet settings, disabled the firewall, updated Java, rebooted many times. Nothing seems to fix the problem.
Anybody have the same issues? Any ideas that I haven't tried?
I finally figured it out on my desktop.  First, I had to uninstall ASIO4ALL which I was not using.  THEN I found I had some MAGIX "sound cleaner" software that had drivers JamKazam was trying to invoke. 
I have no idea why the client was trying to load these insteads of my Focusrite ASIO drivers, but once I uninstalled the oddball ones JamKazam client magically appeared on my screen instead of sitting in memory, inaccessible.    Hope this helps.

Hi! Plaease, can you help me with this issue?
I have been facing the seme problem and i've already tryied unistall, install again, turn off the Kasperky antivirus and nothing appears, just te program running on 32bits but it doesn't launch on my win 10.
I had succes once when I turned off the antivirus but on the next day the problem continues. I some help.

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - Dimitri Muskens - 07-31-2020

There seem to be two major reasons why on some Windows machines JKZ won't start. This is after getting around the usual firewall and anti virus software issues.

- The Windows popup asking the user to allow for the installer/launcher to make changes to the system is 'overlooked'. E.g. somewhere in the background or in the taskbar. Without confirmation the install/startup will not continue.

- Also there seem to be issues with audio drivers, be it ASIO or other, that do not belong to the soundcard/audio interface being used at the time.
When starting JKZ it tries to invoke the audio hardware via drivers available on the system. If these drivers and hardware do not match the launch stalls (apparently?!)
This has been remedied by removing all audio drivers present (ASIO & others) and freshly installing - only - the appropriate drivers to your hardware. That is, the soundcard/audio interface you are looking to use in JamKazam.

I personally would not do drastic things like reinstalling Windows to try to get JKZ to operate properly. The program/app installs and works well for a lot of people without having the above issues. So 'Windows & JamKazam' can and will work together. It seems that 'debris' and remains from other installations, be it hardware or software, are the culprit in many occasions.

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - MPC3 - 08-26-2020

(05-05-2020, 07:46 PM)HellKiller Wrote: Yeah, I don't quite get why it installs in the x86 program directory if it is 64 bit.
 I can't even get it to install there.  I use Win 10 Pro and it just will not install.  It's ridiculous.

Mike

RE: App doesn't open win 10 - StuartR - 08-26-2020

(08-26-2020, 07:04 PM)MPC3 Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 07:46 PM)HellKiller Wrote: Yeah, I don't quite get why it installs in the x86 program directory if it is 64 bit.
 I can't even get it to install there.  I use Win 10 Pro and it just will not install.  It's ridiculous.

Mike
What do you mean it "just won't install"? What error messages do you get during installation?