JamKazam Forums
Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: New Feature Requests (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling (/showthread.php?tid=448)

Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling - jacxyz - 04-18-2020

When opening JamKazam in Windows 10 on a screen with a high resolution (3840 / 2160) the JamKazam Window becomes very small and hard to read. 

For other applications this can be handled in Windows 10 by going to "PC Settings" -> Display -> "Scale and Layout" a choosing a setting of "200%". 

JamKazam does not seem to support Windows 10 scaling however, and the Window remains very small and hard to read.

It would be useful if this feature could be supported in the future.

RE: Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling - mabalot - 04-19-2020

try using Ctrl (plus) or (minus)

RE: Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling - clarksil - 04-20-2020

(04-19-2020, 10:57 PM)mabalot Wrote: try using Ctrl (plus) or (minus)
NG!!

(04-18-2020, 06:25 PM)jacxyz Wrote: When opening JamKazam in Windows 10 on a screen with a high resolution (3840 / 2160) the JamKazam Window becomes very small and hard to read. 

For other applications this can be handled in Windows 10 by going to "PC Settings" -> Display -> "Scale and Layout" a choosing a setting of "200%". 

JamKazam does not seem to support Windows 10 scaling however, and the Window remains very small and hard to read.

It would be useful if this feature could be supported in the future.
You are correct. It does not support Win 10 scaling. Unusable in this format, and I am not about to change my monitor setting just to use this program. Ridiculous in this day in age that it does not support high DPI monitors!!!

RE: Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling - jacxyz - 04-20-2020

(04-19-2020, 10:57 PM)mabalot Wrote: try using Ctrl (plus) or (minus)

Using Ctrl+ and Ctrl- does alleviate the issue somewhat, but doesn't resolve the issue, because the increased font size pushes the other widgets out of sight in the UI.

I do appreciate that this application has only recently gained an increased traction and that it was developed some years ago and is being maintained by a small group of people (and presumably with limited resources). As has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum there are people who would be happy to make contributions for using this application and I would be interested to know how this might be possible.

RE: Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling - clarksil - 04-20-2020

Great idea!! Maybe they are raising funds through the jamkazan unit they are selling but too expensive for me. Also, it works fine (fonts,etc.) on the internet, so I really don't know why you would need it on a home computer, because you obviously have to be on the net to use it anyway.