JamKazam Forums
Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Fritz router - hard nut to crack (/showthread.php?tid=419)

Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Hans Peter Augustesen - 04-16-2020

Rudi Morgana and I are interested to know if anybody is using the so called Fritz router.

If so - they/you are encouraged to step forward and tell about pros and cons and so.

Fritz router seems to be a hard nut to crack - lots of problems for Rudi. Especially after the new update.
---
More will come - screenshot of Fritz settings and so

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Sharpie - 04-16-2020

(04-16-2020, 03:38 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Rudi Morgana and I are interested to know if anybody is using the so called Fritz router.

If you mean a Fritz!Box, then that's what I use - and it works fine with jamkazam.  I started off using a wi-fi mesh network, but now I use a wired connection to the Internet router.  I have a 76Mbps fibre broadband connection.  The new client update (1.0.3657) appears faster and more stable.

Regards

--Andrew

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Hans Peter Augustesen - 04-16-2020

Yes, Fritz!Box, I think. It is in Germany. I will found out the precise name, so no confusing is possible,

For one other people it is working without any problems - like for you.

But actually 3 others, Rudi included have big problems.

Not when only 2 or 3 in session.

But when more people the crackling, sound breaken up begins.

Nasty!

Thanks for your input! Very good!

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - CraigVendramin - 04-17-2020

Hans on the subject of hard wiring. Can you plug your computer (hard wire) into a wifi range extender instead of the router. I’m having network testing issues like many others on the forum. any Advice would be good. Thank you.

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Hans Peter Augustesen - 04-17-2020

In principal you can connect to all types of internet connections.

But the quality (and quantity) is another matter - and maybe some protocols can come in the way

Wireless is not suited for low-latency online jamming - as JamKazam has said it (not now, but in a old and lost document on internet).

And your extender is Wi-Fi, wireless - so no go if you want a good result.

If technic and so has dramatically changed that, I know not enough about to say precisely. But I would estimate - No!

And then good luck and:

From "Frequent topics, in short" https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=284

4. DO NOT USE Wi-Fi (wireless)
- ONLY WIRED, CABLE (hardwired to IP)

Wireless is not suited for low-latency online jamming.

Wi-Fi (wireless)

- is increasing the latency
- can create crackling audio - because of "Packet Loss"
- can break up the audio - because of "Packet Loss"
- can produce "choppy" audio, wrote a swede in the clumsy JamKazam global chat (I like that expression)

and last, but not least

Wi-Fi (wireless) can

- jeopardize whole sessions; one bad connection as Wi-Fi can cause breakdown for all people in a session and for the session
---

"Ensure you are [...] not using wireless internet"
[...]
"Best regards, Team JamKazam"

from htps://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/anyone-use-jamkazam-i-could-use-some-troubleshooting.1504869/

NB: One exception is when using JamTracks only

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Hans Peter Augustesen - 04-18-2020

Search "TEST NETWORK" and/or simular here on Forum

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Flo - 04-23-2020

I use a Fritx!Box (LAN) with JamKazam, too, but I can't get it running! Receiving a stream in session does not work.
When I start JamKazam I get the following error message:

Windows 10 Notification:
"Warning! Check your network! Your network changes packets port-numbers. This may block receiving real-time UDP packet traffic from the internet. Enabl" [Message is cut off -.-]

In addition, there is an error window:
"JamKazam client network connection test is reporting that your network configuration may not allow you to participate in sessions remotely with others.The reported network configuration is:
'Independent Mapping, Independent Filter, random port, hairpin'
If you are in a business environment you may need the network administrator help to make JamKazam sessions work.
If you have already verified your network works with JamKazam please ignore this message.
You may contact support@jamkazam.com or Click Here for further information. [Link which leads to the Youtube Channel -.-]
Verify your network by running the Network Test?"

Running the network test doesn't work either since no test server seem to be available.
Unfortunately, neither the error messages nor any links are helpful for me.

I use Windows 10, a FRITZ!Box 6320 v2 Cable (um), FRITZ!OS 06.05, and a LAN connection.
As I understand further (I'm not a network pro), my internet connections is a IPV6 and IPV4 via DS-Lite-Tunnel. So, my computer seems not be reachable via IPV4 directly, I suppose, although on webpages like portchecker.co my IP is a IPV4.

Can anyone help?
What do I have to enable regarding the UDP message and where would I do that?

Regards,
Flo

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - morgana@bassplanet.de - 04-25-2020

Hello Flo
Ds light does not work
you need a full internet dsl connection
please contact your provider

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Hans - 05-16-2020

(04-16-2020, 06:59 PM)Sharpie Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 03:38 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Rudi Morgana and I are interested to know if anybody is using the so called Fritz router.

If you mean a Fritz!Box, then that's what I use - and it works fine with jamkazam.  I started off using a wi-fi mesh network, but now I use a wired connection to the Internet router.  I have a 76Mbps fibre broadband connection.  The new client update (1.0.3657) appears faster and more stable.

Regards

--Andrew
Hi Andrew,
What settings did you use for your fritz!box?
I am having trouble to get the port forwarding in JamKazam functioning properly ...
Regards
Hans

RE: Fritz router - hard nut to crack - Sharpie - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 03:40 PM)Hans Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 06:59 PM)Sharpie Wrote:

Regards

--Andrew
Hi Andrew,
What settings did you use for your fritz!box?
I am having trouble to get the port forwarding in JamKazam functioning properly ...
Regards
Hans
Hi Hans,

Are you trying to allow other people to access a jamulus server on your home network, or using jamulus from your home network to access a remote jamulus server?

--Andrew