JamKazam Forums
Audio Dropouts after recent update - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Audio Dropouts after recent update (/showthread.php?tid=380)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - Dennis B - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 03:49 AM)Grateful Dead Jams Wrote: The latest 5/27 build looks promising....

May 27th, 2020

Windows and Mac Client Updated:
  1. The May 22nd client introduced a bug that increased changes you would get NO AUDIO.    We have fixed the issue in this release.  We've also added more instrumentation in the client application so that JamKazam team gets more immediate information every time this happens, so 1) we can still work on more NO AUDIO scenarios, but also, to notice unusual upticks in this problem, so that we have faster feedback if we released a problematic version of the client app.

2. Some % of users have a condition in which their audio stream gets corrupted, causing the user to have to click RESYNC after the corruption happens.     We now detect the corruption up-front, and auto-recover. 
I found that when using this new version that all was good for about 30 minutes and then more dropouts occurring about every minute or so to the point the session had to be aborted.  It seems the more people that are preset in the jam - the more problems occur.  Mac with Mohave OSX.

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - GDJ - 05-29-2020

I'd like to say things were better after the last update but it wasn't my experience. Sorry to say

When 5 or more people entered the session things took a turn in bad direction. My session dropped audio repeatedly with a couple of minutes (auto sync was set to 15 minutes), and at one point went into a hung state with the beach ball having to Force quit the App. Returning back to the session it was a little better but, there were less people. Again, as I previously stated I notice things become unstable when the following happens.

1. People are entering and exiting the session
2. People join, but but their Audio cannot be heard. (suggesting maybe they don't have their setup configured correctly)
3. When there are more then 5 people in the session. This is not conclusive but I noticed things become unstable when there are more people.

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - Jonny_Raven - 05-30-2020

Strangely the 27 May update is better and worse. I use a Mac and practice with two people on Win 10. Had no end of problems with the audio cutting out before hence needing to press the resync button. Tried last night with the band after doing the update. The Mac JK client initially kept cra$ng. Eventually it stabailised. It does still cut out, you do hear the audio drop out very briefly but reconnects instantly most of the time. So it is better. However, JK on the Mac does occassionally freeze or crash. My Win10 friends in comparision had zero problems.

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - Zlartibartfast - 05-30-2020

I haven't had a sessions with friends yet, just myself thus far. First thing I noticed was that I had to recreate my audio profile again (gettin' used to that now). Afterwards, I was able to activate a MIDI track and play my MTron Pro (never worked before). Also I was able to get my AU plugins working on my bass and voice tracks (never worked before).

Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to try a multi-player session

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - aflynt - 06-02-2020

I was having issues where I'd hear a crackle and then the audio would dropout as well. When that happened I could hear nothing but others in the session could still hear me. It was occurring in pretty much every session I joined. Happily, since the latest update it hasn't happened at all. I've done a couple dozen sessions since then, so I'd say this latest update fixed that particular issue. I'm running OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra) on a 2016 15" Macbook Pro with a 1st generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface.

-Aaron

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - mcoulson - 06-02-2020

same here. Crackle, audio goes in and out, then drops. IMAC with scarlett 2i2

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - Zlartibartfast - 06-02-2020

yesterday.....

While waiting for my band-partner to get online, I started an open session, that was gong pretty well until it got up to about 6 or 7 people - then my app crashed (don't know what the other musicians' experience was).

restarted the app, setup a private session for rehearsal purposes, and Lo! For the very first time since we started using JamKazam, we could not get audio from each other! gave up after an hour of trying repeatedly.

So - my verdict is that this update has made things WORSE for me!

Jamming with random musicians is fun, but I seriously need to be able to rehearse! My partner is less than a mile away, is using the same ISP as me, and we NEVER had a problem until last night.

Heavily Bummed,
BMc

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - GDJ - 06-04-2020

I think it's a good observation that things become unstable when more users drop in, but i'm curios why. I know personally for sessions I host, yes they can be fun but for the sake of stability and having fun, I might put a cap to say 4 players. Especially so i can hear things more clearly.

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - Zlartibartfast - 06-04-2020

I'm formulating a hypothesis (BTW I had a perfect session last night with my regular jam partner, so it's not all bad news)

I'm suspecting that widely disparate parameters between users may be "hanging" the queues in JK. EG: one or 2 users have similar network performance numbers, similar interface performance, and the seesion is good. But then a user with higher jitter, longer latency, or a slower upload get in and the session breaks.

I've set my Audio Frame Rate to the lowest level possible, and I'm down to under 30 ms total latency, but it seems that I'm more likely than before to have connection issues with other Jammers.

Therefore, I think what matters most in keeping a stable session is that all the peers are setup using the same parameters.

RE: Audio Dropouts after recent update - BruceS2 - 06-05-2020

Similar issue but not exactly the same.  I did a one hour session last night Mac to Mac and it was perfect.  Tonight, joined 2 others, both Windows users with me on the mac.  As we played, after about 4 to 8 measures of a song, one guy's audio dropped out...just a "click" and he is gone.  Video sill good. (tied with no video, same) The other player did not lose him and I could hear the 2nd player..he never dropped out.   He rejoined, same issue.  I reboot, same thing.  Ideas?  Must have happened 10 times tonight with the same guy.  Good latency and perfect sound while it worked. Have played with this group in the with out problems...feels like a bug.