JamKazam Forums
Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with (/showthread.php?tid=332)

Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - markgrebey@gmail.com - 04-11-2020

Hello,

I'm having trouble within a jam session.  This is a two guitarist jam session.  Within the session I can hear the other guitarist's guitar but I cannot hear his voice.  He can hear both my guitar and my voice.  We are both using the built in microphone on our laptops (mine a MacBook Air, his a Microsoft Surface) for our Voice Chat configuration.

Anyone else experience this or have any tips on how we can resolve so that I can hear his voice?

Thanks much!

Mark

RE: Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - Shylock_3 - 04-12-2020

I'm new to the site, but I do have experience with audio and video. Are you using a USB audio interface? if so, make sure both laptops are configured for USB audio on both the input and output. Then use your headphones for monitoring.

Hope this helps.

RE: Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - markgrebey@gmail.com - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 03:29 PM)Shylock_3 Wrote: I'm new to the site, but I do have experience with audio and video. Are you using a USB audio interface? if so, make sure both laptops are configured for USB audio on both the input and output. Then use your headphones for monitoring.

Hope this helps.
Yes we are both using audio interfaces for guitar input.  We are both using our laptop embedded microphones for speaking during a session.  He can hear both my guitar and my voice in his headphones.  I can hear his guitar only not his voice.  Any thoughts given this information?  Thanks a bunch for responding.

RE: Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - TProch - 04-13-2020

Sounds like the other guitar player didn’t set up his chat mic, or not correctly. When you go through the gear setup, there is an option offered to use the built in mic for chat. It is not the default if you have an audio interface installed. It assumes you have a mic input in your audio interface (i.e., at least two inputs in the interface). If you don’t, you have to select the built in for chat. He will have to delete his audio interface from JK and reinstall it again under Audio Setup > Add Gear. Hope this helps.

RE: Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - sonance - 04-15-2020

Is the VU meter showing something in his JamKazam when he is talking on his voice channel? I had a similar issue with my mic working but being so low people think it is not working.

What I found out was, after setting up the voice chat mic, it would reset the system mic gain to low, even if I try using the gain slider when I set up the voice channel in JamKazam, it will reset the gain once I click save settings.

What I ended up doing, is, after setting up the voice channel , going back to Windows Control Panel > Sound > Recording tab > your device > Levels and re-adjust the input gain.

Make sure when he talks locally he can see the VU meter get up into the red. Also make sure you haven't muted or set the volume on that channel down on your system locally. If its still not audible, it might be a networking issue and I'm not aware of any workaround there besides rejoining (or possibly resync)

RE: Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - jazzguitarman - 05-19-2020

(04-11-2020, 10:40 PM)markgrebey@gmail.com Wrote: I’m having the exact same problem where my friend can’t hear my voice but only my guitar. But I can hear his voice and guitar. We’re you able to resolve this issue? If so, how did you fix it? Thank you so much. 

Darren

I'm having trouble within a jam session.  This is a two guitarist jam session.  Within the session I can hear the other guitarist's guitar but I cannot hear his voice.  He can hear both my guitar and my voice.  We are both using the built in microphone on our laptops (mine a MacBook Air, his a Microsoft Surface) for our Voice Chat configuration.

Anyone else experience this or have any tips on how we can resolve so that I can hear his voice?

Thanks much!

Mark

RE: Cannot hear voice of someone I'm jamming with - jazzguitarman - 05-19-2020

(04-11-2020, 10:40 PM)markgrebey@gmail.com Wrote: I’m having the exact same problem where my friend can’t hear my voice but only my guitar. But I can hear his voice and guitar. We’re you able to resolve this issue? If so, how did you fix it? Thank you so much. 

Darren

Thanks much!

Mark