JamKazam Forums
Volume Issues with latest update - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Volume Issues with latest update (/showthread.php?tid=2243)

Volume Issues with latest update - ARMCL - 06-17-2021

Just logged on for a JKZ session at 19:00 GMT+1 (UK)

With the latest upgrade:

Good: The crackling in my own mix (previously reported) had gone (no changes in my hardware or settings from previous session so I conclude that is to do with the upgrade)

Bad: My personal mix volume was very high even though the slider was at zero. (to repeat, all the settings at the start were exactly as they had been from the previous session). 

I couldn't turn my jamming partner up to hear them without risking damage to my hearing therefore please treat this as a matter of urgency since hearing damage is a health and safety issue.

Thank you

RE: Volume Issues with latest update - Dimitri Muskens - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 06:58 PM)ARMCL Wrote: Just logged on for a JKZ session at 19:00 GMT+1 (UK)

With the latest upgrade:

Good: The crackling in my own mix (previously reported) had gone (no changes in my hardware or settings from previous session so I conclude that is to do with the upgrade)

Bad: My personal mix volume was very high even though the slider was at zero. (to repeat, all the settings at the start were exactly as they had been from the previous session). 

I couldn't turn my jamming partner up to hear them without risking damage to my hearing therefore please treat this as a matter of urgency since hearing damage is a health and safety issue.

Thank you

>>>
Did you try to remedy this yourself?
E.g. by going to 'Manage -> Audio Settings -> Configuration -> Reset Audio Volumes'
Or when in a session via the Pro-Audio Mixer -> 'Levels Reset'

As far as you damaging your hearing - that is on you. No software developer has physical control over your headphones volume knob.

RE: Volume Issues with latest update - ARMCL - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 08:55 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 06:58 PM)ARMCL Wrote: Just logged on for a JKZ session at 19:00 GMT+1 (UK)

With the latest upgrade:

Thank you

>>>
E.g. by going to 'Manage -> Audio Settings -> Configuration -> Reset Audio Volumes'

As far as you damaging your hearing - that is on you. No software developer has physical control over your headphones volume knob.

>>>>Thank you for the advice on both parts; I shall treat all updates as "potentially hazardous" in future.

RE: Volume Issues with latest update - ARMCL - 07-07-2021

With the latest upgrade:

Thank you

>>>

>>>>

Hi Dimitri
I tried both of your suggestions, neither of which worked. In fact when I tried the first option, my JKZ partner reported that their volume was now very loud and they couldn't turn it down. They tried Manage>Audio settings>Configuration>Reset as well but this made no difference.

Is there anything else we can try?

Thanks

RE: Volume Issues with latest update - Dimitri Muskens - 07-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 10:35 AM)ARMCL Wrote:

With the latest upgrade:

Thank you

>>>

>>>>

Hi Dimitri
I tried both of your suggestions, neither of which worked. In fact when I tried the first option, my JKZ partner reported that their volume was now very loud and they couldn't turn it down. They tried Manage>Audio settings>Configuration>Reset as well but this made no difference.

Is there anything else we can try?

Thanks

>>>
Hi, yes there is.
First though, when you change your levels back to default on your machine, it has no bearing on the abilities of a session peer to control the levels on his/her machine.

What you could try to do to overcome these odd issues you seem to be having is;
1) Manage>Audio settings>Configuration>Delete Audio Configuration
2) Goto >Audio Gear and delete your audio profile
3) Use 'add new gear' to re-configure your audio interface (and required audio tracks)

If for some reason you cannot perform these steps or above does not resolve your issues, I advise you to attend one of the (volunteers) tech sessions and have someone talk you through a proper setup and configuration. Terry Moir does (scheduled) tech assist sessions in JKz. He is also on this forum (Terles)

Also, starting from 'Gold' member$p you are entitled to personal support from the JKz team. Something to consider.

RE: Volume Issues with latest update - TWDay72 - 11-23-2021

(06-17-2021, 08:55 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: As far as you damaging your hearing - that is on you. No software developer has physical control over your headphones volume knob.
I think you missed the point. One, the volume controls are insanely unpredictable and, two, when anyone in the session messes with an "audio file" volume everyone else is at risk.