JamKazam Forums
Can I jam with whomever is online at the time? - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Can I jam with whomever is online at the time? (/showthread.php?tid=2240)

Can I jam with whomever is online at the time? - PicoDan - 06-15-2021

If so, what is the best way to go about it? I have tons of great gear and years of live gigging experience and I'm reasonably Windows conversant, but I'm new to JamKazam, except for a few sessions with one person. Also, how do I confirm criteria such as time, day, material, instrumentation, etc? Am I correct in that all I have to do is start an open session? Should I complete my profile (and if so how) so that others know what to expect? Is there some way I can contact others to get together via JamKazam? I am not paying any monies at the moment, but I would be fine doing so if I am playing regularly with others of a similar or better level than yours truly.

RE: Can I jam with whomever is online at the time? - Zlartibartfast - 06-15-2021

You can jam with anyone who has created a session that is "open", or with anyone of your Jamkazam friends who has created a "friends" session. You can create an open session and wait for jammers to join you. You can create a session which requires jammers to be approved by you ("RSVP").

In order to get the best possible performance (ex: higher bitrate, unlimited playing time, etc.) from Jamkazam you will need to buy a Gold subscription and hopefully your jamming friends are at the same subscription level. Everyone that I jam with is either Gold or Silver.

RE: Can I jam with whomever is online at the time? - PicoDan - 06-16-2021

Thank you Zlartibartfast,

1. How do I confirm criteria such as time, day, material, instrumentation, jazz, blues, folk, funk, reggae, doo wop, ambient, country, rock etc?

2. Should I complete my profile (and if so how) so that others know what to expect?

3. How do I locate jams that are open and how do I avoid having people drop into my open jam that are not able to play that well, and similarly if I drop into someone else's open jam, how will I know if I am with a similar enough group in terms of abilities etc?

RE: Can I jam with whomever is online at the time? - Dimitri Muskens - 06-17-2021

(06-16-2021, 10:52 PM)PicoDan Wrote: Thank you Zlartibartfast,

1. How do I confirm criteria such as time, day, material, instrumentation, jazz, blues, folk, funk, reggae, doo wop, ambient, country, rock etc?

2. Should I complete my profile (and if so how) so that others know what to expect?

3.  How do I locate jams that are open and how do I avoid having people drop into my open jam that are not able to play that well, and similarly if I drop into someone else's open jam, how will I know if I am with a similar enough group in terms of abilities etc?

>>>

1. I'm sure there's a question (or two ...) in here somewhere. Can you please specify what you're trying to do?

2. You could, but don't have to. It's all up to your personal preference. (click on "EDIT PROFILE") after opening your 'profile' in the main screen.

3. You literally click on "Open Jams" after going to 'find session' - for the rest; you don't, it's trial and error in 'open' jams.

Basically, just go play and enjoy yourself, find things out, meet people. There's not much you can do wrong. Did you have a good look around in the program?

A lot of questions have already been asked and answered here on this forum. The Search function can be helpful.
The general info and 'manuals' on the freshdesk site are also there for your browsing.

D./