JamKazam Forums
Problems inputing Audio Gear source - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Audio Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Problems inputing Audio Gear source (/showthread.php?tid=2030)

Problems inputing Audio Gear source - memerunner - 03-02-2021

I'm using a Macbook 2017 with Catalina and a Steinberg UR22C audio interface. 

I just installed the latest build 2.0 of JamKazam.

I'm following instructions on this page
https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/66000123577-setup-wizard-mac-step-1-starting-the-setup-wizard

That looks like a website page. When I go there, it doesn't feature an audio gear link above the video gear, as in the instructions photo.

SEE ATTACHMENT

I tried going into the JamKazam app, and there, when I go to Account, the following page is blank.

SEE ATTACHMENT

Having a lot of troubles getting JamKazam setup, and if anyone can help me sort this out, I'd be grateful.

Doug

RE: Problems inputing Audio Gear source - Dimitri Muskens - 03-02-2021

(03-02-2021, 01:16 AM)memerunner Wrote: I'm using a Macbook 2017 with Catalina and a Steinberg UR22C audio interface. 

https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/66000123577-setup-wizard-mac-step-1-starting-the-setup-wizard

That looks like a website page. When I go there, it doesn't feature an audio gear link above the video gear, as in the instructions photo.

SEE ATTACHMENT

I tried going into the JamKazam app, and there, when I go to Account, the following page is blank.

SEE ATTACHMENT

Having a lot of troubles getting JamKazam setup, and if anyone can help me sort this out, I'd be grateful.

Doug

>>>
Hover over the white down arrow next to your user name.
A drop down will unfold
Fourth option down should read 'Audio Gear' - click that
Take it from there.

I do assume you are logged into the actual program/app you have installed and not onto the JKz website(?!)
(that would explain not having 'Audio Gear' as an option under 'account' ... .)

RE: Problems inputing Audio Gear source - memerunner - 03-03-2021

(03-02-2021, 12:20 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 01:16 AM)memerunner Wrote: I'm using a Macbook 2017 with Catalina and a Steinberg UR22C audio interface. 

SEE ATTACHMENT

SEE ATTACHMENT

Doug

>>>
A drop down will unfold
Take it from there.

I do assume you are logged into the actual program/app you have installed and not onto the JKz website(?!)

>>>>>>

Dimitri, thank you for the input. I got it working. May have been the driver, as I'm not sure it loaded the first time I tried. 

My only remaining issue is, I'm getting terrible static in my headset. The guy on the other end could tell I was trying to talk, but couldn't understand anything I was saying.

I'm using my Apple iPhone 3.5mm headset plugged into a 3.5 > 1/4" adapter, and then that's going into the UR22C headphone jack. 

It may be my audio settings?

For playback, I've selected System Default (Playback Only), per the screen grab. Maybe that setting is wrong?

I've also read about turning off Direct Monitoring. It doesn't look like the UR22C has that, although maybe that's the 'Mix' knob on the front of the device, just up and to the left of the headphone jack? Should that be all the way to DAW, vs Input?

Greatly appreciate any help. I did get a taste of playing live over the net and it was fantastic.

RE: Problems inputing Audio Gear source - Dimitri Muskens - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 03:04 AM)memerunner Wrote:

SEE ATTACHMENT

SEE ATTACHMENT

Doug

>>>
A drop down will unfold
Take it from there.

>>>>>>

Dimitri, thank you for the input. I got it working. May have been the driver, as I'm not sure it loaded the first time I tried. 

My only remaining issue is, I'm getting terrible static in my headset. The guy on the other end could tell I was trying to talk, but couldn't understand anything I was saying.

I'm using my Apple iPhone 3.5mm headset plugged into a 3.5 > 1/4" adapter, and then that's going into the UR22C headphone jack. 

For playback, I've selected System Default (Playback Only), per the screen grab. Maybe that setting is wrong?

I've also read about turning off Direct Monitoring. It doesn't look like the UR22C has that, although maybe that's the 'Mix' knob on the front of the device, just up and to the left of the headphone jack? Should that be all the way to DAW, vs Input?

Greatly appreciate any help. I did get a taste of playing live over the net and it was fantastic.

>>>
Yes, set input & output to your UR22C!
connect your headset to the phones out of your UR22C
turn all the way to DAW = local-/direct- monitoring OFF
you should now only hear your own signal when in a  session

RE: Problems inputing Audio Gear source - memerunner - 03-04-2021

(03-03-2021, 12:30 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 03:04 AM)memerunner Wrote:

SEE ATTACHMENT

SEE ATTACHMENT

Doug

>>>
A drop down will unfold
Take it from there.

>>>>>>

>>>
Yes, set input & output to your UR22C!
connect your headset to the phones out of your UR22C
turn all the way to DAW = local-/direct- monitoring OFF
you should now only hear your own signal when in a  session

Thanks Dimitri

I got the buzzing reduced and am now in sessions, but the participants in the session still can't hear me talking.

I wasn't clear on the settings when going through setup.

One thing confusing is the 'Inputs & Outputs' screen in the Configure Tracks section. Should session audio outputs be going out the UR22C left and right? Especially when I have audio going in the UR22C left port? Wouldn't I need to select the UR22C USB-C port for audio out to the computer?

Or maybe I have the wrong Voice Chat input selected? I selected built-in microphone. That created buzzing. Then selected the UR22C, but those in the session can't hear me talking.

I've attached several screens from the above settings. If you could tell me if those look ok, I'd greatly appreciate it. 
thx
doug

RE: Problems inputing Audio Gear source - Dimitri Muskens - 03-04-2021

>>>
First of all: are you using a microphone? plugged into your UR22C?

If so, is your instrument plugged into the UR22C as well?
So, are you using both inputs on your audio interface?

Did you follow the rest of installation/setup manual - after you sorted your driver issue?

RE: Problems inputing Audio Gear source - memerunner - 03-08-2021

(03-04-2021, 11:21 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
First of all: are you using a microphone? plugged into your UR22C?

If so, is your instrument plugged into the UR22C as well?
So, are you using both inputs on your audio interface?

Did you follow the rest of installation/setup manual - after you sorted your driver issue?
Thanks, Dimitri

Greatly appreciate your input.

I ran into more problems, with Jamkazam not sensing the UR22C in the audio profiles window. I usually have to restart the computer once or twice, and then it will recognize the UR22C. I've attached photos of my screen from the Audio Profiles page, and the Alert I'm getting.

Once that would be sorted out, I still was hearing a buzzing instead of my voice when trying to speak in a session.

For my headset, I'm using a pair of Sony 3.5mm headphones (no mic for speaking), and it's going into a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter, then into the 1/4" headphone jack on the front of the UR22C.

I was also concerned I may have something wrong in the INputs/Outputs and Voicechat sections of the audio settings.

For Voicechat, for the Voicechat input optionsI tried both the UR22C right option (the bass guitar goes in the left port), and the Built-in microphone right option. Neither worked, and it's not clear to me from the instructions what the right option is for me. I'm thinking if I can't use my iphone headset (with mic) through the 1/4" mic input on the UR22C, then I'll need to use the keyboard mic for voice chat, so that's why I switched from the UR22C option to the Built in.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful.