JamKazam Forums
PresSonus Audiobox USB 96 Problems - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Audio Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: PresSonus Audiobox USB 96 Problems (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

PresSonus Audiobox USB 96 Problems - tjkenn - 01-30-2021

I have  an iMac running BigSur 11.1 and a new PresSonus AudioBox USB 96. 
I am plugging into the PreSonus with a mic. Plugging directly in with electric guitar.
When I run it into GarageBand everything works fine. 

Seems the issue is with JamKazam.

1. When I run through the set up I get sound from both my mic and my electric guitar coming cleanly through my headset. The problem comes when I switch to a Jam Track. I can hear the track but my guitar is barely audible, even though the master volume is way up as is the guitar input level. Faint as it is, it buzzes and seems to be clipping and maxing out.
  2. When I set up a remote session with a friend he can hear my voice and guitar clearly, and we have virtually no latency. I still only hear faint distorted sounds from both inputs through my headphones. I can barely hear him (bass and vocals) form his end at all. 
  3. I checked my Sound settings and they are correct -> Input - AudioBox USB 96, output setting is the same.
Anyone having a similar problem with a Mac/PreSonus USB 96/JamKazam? Suggestions?

Thanks.

RE: PresSonus Audiobox USB 96 Problems - Zlartibartfast - 01-30-2021

I don't know the specifics of your interface, but it sounds like you have it working OK.

In general terms - whatever input levels you're set up with in Garageband or the audio setup of Jamkazam should be correct, so don't make any changes there when you're in a session. The right-side level controls named "Personal Mix" are where you will make adjustments here.

I suggest you start a private test session, then open the Power Mixer:
Manage/Audio Settings/Pro Audio Mixer

This mixer gives you greater control than the rudimentary Session mixer. Notice the checkboxes labeled "Comp" - for compressor.
If you have a Jamtrack open, it's tracks will be included in the Power Mixer, and you can see the relative volume for each track in the meters.

Hopefully this will help.

RE: PresSonus Audiobox USB 96 Problems - tjkenn - 01-30-2021

(01-30-2021, 05:08 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I don't know the specifics of your interface, but it sounds like you have it working OK.

In general terms - whatever input levels you're set up with in Garageband or the audio setup of Jamkazam should be correct, so don't make any changes there when you're in a session. The right-side level controls named "Personal Mix" are where you will make adjustments here.

I suggest you start a private test session, then open the Power Mixer:
Manage/Audio Settings/Pro Audio Mixer

This mixer gives you greater control than the rudimentary Session mixer. Notice the checkboxes labeled "Comp" - for compressor.
If you have a Jamtrack open, it's tracks will be included in the Power Mixer, and you can see the relative volume for each track in the meters.

Hopefully this will help.

I didn't change any settings once I had the interface working in GB and the JK set up. 
I'll try adjusting the Personal Mix side of things. And test in a private session. Thanks!

RE: PresSonus Audiobox USB 96 Problems - tjkenn - 01-31-2021

I have all the volume setting on the interface and in JKZ up almost full.
All I hear is a low volume distorted and clipped sound when I play guitar.
As I said, when I joined a friend session he could hear my fine through both inputs.
It is the output to my headphones that seems be the problem.

I think I solved my problem. A bad headphone jack. I could hear well but when I jiggle it, it cuts in and out.
Need a new set of headphones.