JamKazam Forums
audio problem - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: audio problem (/showthread.php?tid=1872)

audio problem - TCGreen - 01-06-2021

JamKazam was working well for 2 of us in Dec. Then, in the middle of a session I was unable to hear my friend. He could hear me and himself and I could hear me. We both rebooted without success. There is mild latency: 12-16. We are both hard wired although on my computer it always says he is on Wifi.
We are both using Mac desktop with Artesia a22xt.
Any advice for next step? Until we can get this to work we will hold off on paying monthly, but will begin when problem resolved.

RE: audio problem - GDJ - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 12:08 AM)TCGreen Wrote: JamKazam was working well for 2 of us in Dec. Then, in the middle of a session I was unable to hear my friend. He could hear me and himself and I could hear me. We both rebooted without success. There is mild latency: 12-16. We are both hard wired although on my computer it always says he is on Wifi.
We are both using Mac desktop with Artesia a22xt.
Any advice for next step? Until we can get this to work we will hold off on paying monthly, but will begin when problem resolved.

Since you can't hear him, are you seeing any JK notification coming in to the MacOS notifications? did you change anything on your router or JK having to do with Ports, are you sing any IP blocker?

RE: audio problem - TCGreen - 01-06-2021

Thanks for writing. I am not using an IP blocker (that I know of). Originally when his audio went off, we still had video so I doubt the IP was blocked. We both tried adjusting the levels on our computers under JK and also with the Artesia without improvement. I will check for JK notifications from MacOS. Nothing came to my e-mail.

RE: audio problem - Dimitri Muskens - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 12:55 AM)TCGreen Wrote: Thanks for writing. I am not using an IP blocker (that I know of). Originally when his audio went off, we still had video so I doubt the IP was blocked. We both tried adjusting the levels on our computers under JK and also with the Artesia without improvement. I will check for JK notifications from MacOS. Nothing came to my e-mail.

>>>
Not willing to state the obvious here but it is very easy to accidentally mute a peer's channel by clicking/tapping on the 'controls'.
Did you check if he's maybe muted on your end?

RE: audio problem - StuartR - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 01:09 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 12:55 AM)TCGreen Wrote: Thanks for writing. I am not using an IP blocker (that I know of). Originally when his audio went off, we still had video so I doubt the IP was blocked. We both tried adjusting the levels on our computers under JK and also with the Artesia without improvement. I will check for JK notifications from MacOS. Nothing came to my e-mail.

>>>
Not willing to state the obvious here but it is very easy to accidentally mute a peer's channel by clicking/tapping on the 'controls'.
My thought exactly... And it's happened to me too.

RE: audio problem - TCGreen - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 06:11 AM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 01:09 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>
My thought exactly... And it's happened to me too.
Thanks for the thoughts. When I was on with him, I thought I had checked for that. We both left the session and closed JK and then reopened it and started a new session. Again could not hear him and I do not know if there is a roll over of a mute just in case I had him muted (which I don't think I did). We retried days later with the same problem. I will get him online again and recheck if he is muted. that would certainly make sense and I hope it is the case.