JamKazam Forums
battery does notcharge when in a Jamkazam session - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: battery does notcharge when in a Jamkazam session (/showthread.php?tid=1805)

battery does notcharge when in a Jamkazam session - dandante - 12-12-2020

When my MacBook pro (running Mojave 10.14.6) is plugged in to a charger, normally it shows (in the power settings which I have visible in the icon bar) that it is either fully charged or is charging.

This is a newer MBP with USB-C ports.

However, when I am in a Jamkazam session, while the settings still show that I am connected to a power adapter, the battery does not charge, and the percentage that the battery is charged keeps going down. So far I have not had to end a session because of running out of power, but that's only because the sessions ended before the battery ran down completely.

After shutting down Jamkazam, charging behavior returns to normal and the battery begins charging again.

Are there any settings I can change that will fix this?
If not consider this a bug report. I did contact the support email address and attached a support log but have not heard back.

Thanks.

RE: battery does notcharge when in a Jamkazam session - Dimitri Muskens - 12-12-2020

(12-12-2020, 09:28 PM)dandante Wrote: When my MacBook pro (running Mojave 10.14.6) is plugged in to a charger, normally it shows (in the power settings which I have visible in the icon bar) that it is either fully charged or is charging.

However, when I am in a Jamkazam session, while the settings still show that I am connected to a power adapter, the battery does not charge, and the percentage that the battery is charged keeps going down. So far I have not had to end a session because of running out of power, but that's only because the sessions ended before the battery ran down completely.

After shutting down Jamkazam, charging behavior returns to normal and the battery begins charging again.

If not consider this a bug report. I did contact the support email address and attached a support log but have not heard back.

Thanks.
>>>
Assuming you're using an external audio interface with usb connection, did you try swapping usb ports between the charger/AI
I've seen a similar complaint on stackexchange - hardware issue was mentioned (logic board?)
You're not using a usb-hub are you?

RE: battery does notcharge when in a Jamkazam session - dandante - 12-13-2020

(12-12-2020, 11:01 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 09:28 PM)dandante Wrote: When my MacBook pro (running Mojave 10.14.6) is plugged in to a charger, normally it shows (in the power settings which I have visible in the icon bar) that it is either fully charged or is charging.

Thanks.
>>>
Assuming you're using an external audio interface with usb connection, did you try swapping usb ports between the charger/AI
I've seen a similar complaint on stackexchange - hardware issue was mentioned (logic board?)
You're not using a usb-hub are you?
I am using a docking station, so I am actually only using one USB-C port on the MacBook Pro. I can try without the docking station, or at least not having my AI go though the docking station. (AI = Focusrite Scarlett 2i2).
Thanks for the suggestion.