JamKazam Forums
autodevice config - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: autodevice config (/showthread.php?tid=1669)

autodevice config - chigger - 11-08-2020

Im having some trouble with audio, and when I go to "auto device configuration" it lists the wrong devices. It does not list my Scarlett Solo.
please help.
C

RE: autodevice config - Terles - 11-09-2020

(11-08-2020, 11:47 PM)chigger Wrote: Im having some trouble with audio, and when I go to "auto device configuration" it lists the wrong devices. It does not list my Scarlett Solo.
please help.
C
What devices does it list?

RE: autodevice config - kempjef - 11-09-2020

Those are the only devices JamKazam can configure for you.  You'll have to manually configure ('Add Your Gear') if you use a different Audio Interface.

RE: autodevice config - chigger - 11-09-2020

thanks guys, it lists Behringer (sp)
I have done the "add your gear" twice now and it does not change the settings in "auto device configuration."  What can I be doing wrong?
C Blush

RE: autodevice config - Dimitri Muskens - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 02:04 AM)chigger Wrote: thanks guys, it lists Behringer (sp)
I have done the "add your gear" twice now and it does not change the settings in "auto device configuration."  What can I be doing wrong?
C Blush

>>>
Forget about the "auto device configuration" (unless your actual device is (pre-)listed, but even then it seems to be disfunctional)

Anyway, you were at the right place - "add your gear" - is all you need. Go through the setup of your audio interface and run the test sound. Save and start a quick private session. If you can hear your own audio in your headphones (while local monitoring turned OFF) congrats, you're done.

There is not going to be any 'visual' change in the program/app after correctly adding/configuring your audio interface/sound card in "add new gear" and most won't need/use the 'auto config'. Good chance is you're already done and ready to jam.

RE: autodevice config - chigger - 11-09-2020

Thanks Dimitri, that's exactly the info I was looking for. I seem to have one continuing problem; which I hope this is the correct forum and that you can help. I'm all set up, with all the messages saying I'm all set to go but when I I do play, there is no sound coming thru my headphones. My bass is plugged directly into the Solo, not using a mic, and all the halos are as they should be. My Mac is switched to "Scarlett Solo" for both input and output.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
C

RE: autodevice config - Dimitri Muskens - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 05:52 PM)chigger Wrote: Thanks Dimitri, that's exactly the info I was looking for. I seem to have one continuing problem; which I hope this is the correct forum and that you can help.  I'm all set up,  with all the messages saying I'm all set to go but when I I do play, there is no sound coming thru my headphones.  My bass is plugged directly into the Solo, not using a mic, and all the halos are as they should be.  My Mac is switched to "Scarlett Solo" for both input and output.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
C

>>>
C, assuming your headphones are plugged into the Scarlett and local monitoring is turned OFF.

When all's set up correctly you'll only hear your instrument (bass) and/or microphone when in a (Jamkazam) session.
So, goto 'create session' -> 'quick start private' - wait for the magic to happen on screen. You should now hear your own audio/signal through your headphones.

RE: autodevice config - chigger - 11-12-2020

Thanks Dimitri,
I finally found out what I did wrong. When setting up the device config, I set the wrong channel for the Solo. Thanks god for having a computer guru in the family!