JamKazam Forums
Independent mapping, independent filter... - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Network Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Independent mapping, independent filter... (/showthread.php?tid=165)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - bezel - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 04:15 PM)udobehm Wrote: Having the same problem here. I'm using a Unitymedia Connect Box and it seems like I can't configure my internet to not getting any errors or having latency concerns.

Can anybody help me seeting up my Connect Box by Unitymedia? There's the (German) manual: https://www.unitymedia.de/content/dam/dcomm-unitymedia-de/hilfe---service/pdf/Connect/Connect-Box-Interaktives-Benutzerhandbuch.pdf

UPnP is activated. However, I got not clue how to set it up that it works better with JamKazam. I get the attached error messagas (unfortunately I'm on WiFi too, have no ethernet card on my laptop).  

Thanks for any help in advance!

As far as I understand, the Problem is, that you have no unique IP Adress. U can talkt to the Provider and get an upgrade for rd 3€ (it is for a upload speed Option and includes Dual-Stack). Regularly Unitymedia uses DS-lite. Call the People in Duesseldorf. Maybe you have to call them several times until it works. All the providers run out of IPv4 Adresses.

Björn

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - udobehm - 04-07-2020

Ok, can you explain the difference to me between DS-lite and the other variant? I'm not used to this. Thanks 😃

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - bezel - 04-08-2020

DS-lite is a pookoll, tunneling IPv4 through IPv6. So you have a dedicated IPv6 Adress seen from outside. The IPv4 Adress not dedicated to your connection while 10 or more People share this IP also. The „goal“ is, to get the IPv4 internet trough the IPv6 tunnel to your Networkdevices.

The other thing is „Dual Stack“. Where both adress variations are used the same time. So you have one dedicated IPv4 Adress (even if its temporarily) and one dedicated IPv6 range (for your internal Networkdevices).

I guess as long as JK does not support IPv6 it will be not possible to get a propoer connection to the service - in the current design ways.

You are able to get a dualstack Option from Unitymedia but they take an extra fee (3€).

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - ericnot - 04-09-2020

I'm having the same problem (independent mapping, independent filter, hairpin error). On an iMac hardwired to an airport extreme router.

My cable ISP (Spectrum in Los Angeles, CA) gives me a public (but dynamic) ip address

I've tried the following:

- NAT-PmP is turned on in router
- I'm forwarding UDP ports 12000-12010 to my iMac's static IP
- JamKazam client.ini file has been configured to use port 12000

Despite trying all combinations of the above, still getting the error. Any ideas? About to give up on trying to get this to work.

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - michelferland - 04-09-2020

I'm having this error too. After it happens, it is impossible to start JamKazam; I get an error saying that my application is damaged or incomplete.

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - dataraxia - 04-10-2020

Same problem here.  Why do I have to be a Network Administrator to get this application to work?  Wish I could just Jam with my bandmates.  Huh

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - Merrr - 04-12-2020

(04-05-2020, 03:09 AM)jamjam Wrote: Also, check your connectivity with the following steps.
1. Go to your router setting and enable UPnP (or NatPNP if you have an apple router)
2. Call your ISP and ask them to ensure that you have a public IP address assigned to your router and not a private one.
3. Add the JamKazam app to your allowed list of apps in your windows/mac firewall app setting
After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned!  If no network test server is available, just try to join a session.

I've set up 1 (UPnP in my router), 2 (verified my IP being a public IP and was able to ping myself from work) and 3 set JamKazam in the list of apps that are allowed to have incoming connections. In addition I've experimented with all additional suggestions, such as port forwarding. However on launch the application still comes at me with the same message and details as the topic of this thread.

I've tried to do the network test for multiple times a day for the last few days without luck. 

Occasionally I can get sound across, from my iMac to a laptop in the same room. However with mixed results.
- Most of the time there's just No Audio at all (which is also indicated by a "No Audio?" text in the user field).
- Sometimes the above disappears after a few seconds and audio may come across to the other device, but:
1. Variable latency (I've experienced variable latency from very acceptable all the way to no audio at all (and all in betweens) in the same session.
2. Very acceptable, but noticeable latency, with no discernible variations.
3. My personal favorite, the tremolo (audio fragments that drop out at quite a constant rate).
4. Audio from only 1 out of 4 joined participants.

NOTE: all of the above was without rebooting either machine. Just by leaving and rejoining the same session. I'm getting to a point were I'll give up trying. I've spend over 40 hours in youtube video's, forum reading, router configurations and app settings. Yet still I can't confidently start a session and invite people, because it will probably not work.

What am I doing wrong, except for still trying to get this work? (I probably like the idea too much to give up).

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - michelferland - 04-12-2020

I decided to drop JamKazam - way too complex to setup without any guaranty it will work. Because we need internet connection so hard these days, I won't take the risk to play with them without knowing what I'm doing. I honestly don't understand why it requires fine tweaking while other solutions like Zoom and Cleanfeed work as a charm.

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - Chrisbath - 04-12-2020

From Colombes - France
For 4 weeks we have been trying to use Jamkazam but it is impossible because of the network error.

Internet connection
Freebox: public IP address, redirecting ports 12000 to 12009 for the 2 PC
PC1: Windows 8.1

On application startup, error message
Independent Mapping, Independent Filter, random port, no hairpin

PC2: same configuration, same result

Change of configuration
PC1: no change
PC2:
Internet connection at my neighbors by Wifi
Livebox (Orange): unknown configuration

Start PC1:  error
Start PC2: OK, login 2nd account, invite 1st account on PC1, all OK!!!

I don't understand what configuration of the Freebox could give a correct operation?
Thank you very much!

RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - Rdeeble - 04-19-2020

(04-09-2020, 08:26 PM)ericnot Wrote: I'm having the same problem (independent mapping, independent filter, hairpin error). On an iMac hardwired to an airport extreme router.

My cable ISP (Spectrum in Los Angeles, CA) gives me a public (but dynamic) ip address

I've tried the following:

- NAT-PmP is turned on in router
- I'm forwarding UDP ports 12000-12010 to my iMac's static IP
- JamKazam client.ini file has been configured to use port 12000

Despite trying all combinations of the above, still getting the error. Any ideas? About to give up on trying to get this to work.

Exactly the same problem.  I am also using airport extreme router. with all the same settings listed.  Is this a JK server problem or our setup?